Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Quilt Donations from Others

 Now that I am nearing the end of the Color Stix block drive, I am able to focus on some of the quilts donated by others.  You should see more of those being shared here soon.


The amazing Yvonne (Quilting Jetgirl) sent me this lovely little completed quilt (along with some blocks and thread).  This quilt is made from one of her fabulous patterns.  It is called Dripping Stars and I loved everything about this cutie - the design, the colors and the perfect quilting.

I have not met Yvonne in person yet but I hope to one of these years!



Sorry about the fold lines - Yvonne would never have fold lines on her photos but I am going to be folding this one right back up so it can bring a smile to someone's face quickly.

This quilt measures 36 x 48" but the pattern has instructions for four sizes.




Sue sent this lovely quilt top and binding months ago.  I was finally able to get it quilted up this month.



I needed to find a backing piece for it and I struggled to find one I liked.  Then Kat sent me this fun turquoise flannel piece and the quilt was finally able to move through the pipeline.

This quilt measures 44 x 56".


At the end of the week, I should have the final Color Stix quilts ready to share.  The new Happy Block drive has already been announced and I have already received tons of blocks.  Thanks so much! I hope to start putting together some tops later this week.  This weekend, my friend Audrey came over and helped me sort all of the blocks into themed piles and match them up with possible backings.  That is going to make putting these quilts together so much easier!



The new blocks are very fun to sew - you can find more information on them here.



3 comments:

Kate said...

Very pretty donation quilts. Yvonne makes such colorful quilts. I at least printed out the instructions for the donation blocks, hopefully I'll get a few made this week.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm so glad I was able to contribute, and I hope that we get to meet in person sometime, too. Sounds like a really productive weekend getting blocks and backings paired. Have fun finishing up the final Color Stix quilts and I look forward to seeing how the Happy blocks come together!

MissPat said...

My happy blocks (20 of them) are all done. I just need to get them to the PO. Maybe tomorrow. Lovely, colorful quilts others have sent you.
Pat

01 09 10