Sunday, September 10, 2023

Oh Scrap! : More Rose Blocks

 Most of this week was spent sewing the last of the Color Stix tops together.

But I was able to get a few more of my rose blocks competed.



I now have a total of nine light pink blocks.  I have only fussy-cut one half of the rose panel so I can make more blocks if I need them.



I also have a total of ten dark pink blocks completed.

I am still not sure how I am going to put these blocks together.  A few of you have shared a few great ideas but I just haven't firmly landed on a design yet.  I know it will eventually come to me.


I also have a number of other blocks I need to sew up into tops.  To name a few - the Improv blocks, RSC blocks and some Kaffe hexagon blocks I finished a long time ago.  Maybe I can squeeze in one or two before I get started sewing the Happy Blocks together for the current Compassion Quilt block drive.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the way you're putting those blocks together with some off-centered and in different sizes. You'll puzzle out how to make them fit together! There's no end to the projects we all have to work on, is there?! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Pretty blocks! I used to have some of that purple fabric back in the day, it's like seeing an old friend. I'm sure you'll come up with something great for the layout.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The rose blocks are great. . .I look forward to seeing how you set them! Thanks so much for coming to the Mt. Hood guild meeting last week. I so enjoyed your presentation. I came home inspired!

Nancy said...

Your rose blocks are beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing how you put them together.

Bonnie said...

Looking at what you are doing made me start checking out some printed blocks that I could make into a quilt. It's going to be a while before I can do anything with them though. Good luck with them.

Kat said...

I really like these rose blocks, can't wait to see how you put them together.

Melva said...

I love the big roses. :) Thanks for the chance to share in the party.

Kate said...

You've definitely got the start of two very pretty quilts.

01 09 10