Friday, September 15, 2023

The Big 3-0!

 Yes, thanks to so many of you, I was able to put together 30 Color Stix Compassion quilts. 

I have the last three to share with you today.


Quilt #28 has a Halloween theme.  I received a pretty good stack of orange blocks with Spooky images to I decided to go ahead and make a quilt for a Halloween fan.  I made a few blocks from some Halloween fabric I had and pulled some blocks that went well with them.  I even had a little witch panel I was able to use in this quilt.

It is not a big quilt - it measures 45 x 54".  I found an orange fabric in my stash that went well with the top.  It wasn't quite big enough so I pulled a gray to add as an inset strip.


If you follow my blog, you had to know I would try a colorwash layout. 

Well, that is what I did with quilt #29.

On the back is one of the fabrics my neighbor Deana brought me. In person, it is a really nice soft periwinkle color.  This one measures 54 x 63".


And finally, the 30th Color Stix quilt is this large red, coral and turquoise quilt.  A lot of the blocks that arrived toward the end of the drive were these colors so it worked out perfectly.


I used a backing from my personal stash - it just was too perfect not to use it.

I did have a stack of blocs large enough to make another quilt but I decided to just hold onto them.  They looked terrible all together and I know I am going to do this block again sometime in the future.  They will definitely all find a home someday!

I have been working on tallying up all the statistics and will share them in a later post.  I am so pleased with the success of this block drive.  I have so many of you to thank!!!

Have a great weekend Everyone!


(If you want to donate blocks, you can find the current block drive information here.)



13 comments:

Kat said...

LOVE that color wash!!

Nann said...

Hooray for your accomplishment! I'm happy to have been a part of it. And -- a big thanks for the Color Stix design idea.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, the large red and turquoise quilt is a stunning wrap up to a really great drive. I've seen quite a few Happy blocks being made and shared, so I suspect you might have another large group of quilts to donate this quarter, too!

Rozy Lass said...

No doubt the recipients of these quilts will think each is as beautiful as we do. You are so generous with your gift for color and pattern! Keep up the great work!

Holly in Indiana said...

Don’t make me choose a favorite, I cannot. What a grand job Ms Cynthia. I have had the best time helping. My latest blocks are in the mail. Thank you.

Vicki in MN said...

That is amazing!!!

Kate said...

All three quilts are wonderful. I couldn't pick a favorite.

cityquilter grace said...

all three so very pretty...couldn't choose just one!

Vicki W said...

30 quilts! That's amazing! That simple block has made up into some stunning quilts.

Kigwit said...

The quilts look great. I really love the red and turquoise one. I must use that color combo!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Amazing Job!! I have loved seeing every one and all the different color ways!!!

Cindy B said...

All so pretty yet all so different!!!! This was a fun one to make!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW incredible!!!

01 09 10