Sunday, September 17, 2023

Oh Scrap! : RSC Top

 Before I start constructing quilt tops for the next Compassion Quilt block drive, I wanted to try and sew some of my own blocks together.  I have quite a few piles of them around my sewing room.


About June of last year, I started making some Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  I have a bunch of 2.5" scrappy squares that I wanted to use.  I made a 12" heart block and a 12" color block.  I made one or two of each every month.  When I started making them, I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to use them - but last week, I decided to get them out and see what I could make with them.


What do you think?  I decided to use them all together in the same quilt.  And yes, Elana, those are some orphan chain blocks you sent me.  I couldn't let those go to waste.


I still have a couple heart blocks but I know I can always find a home for them.  I don't usually share just quilt tops but I don't think I will be quilting this anytime soon.

I am now trying to decided what scrappy block I want to sew up next.  I want it to be simple!

Maybe I will make another Two Bits quilts.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


13 comments:

Chantal said...

WOW! It looks like it was planned that way all along. Awesome quilt! Bravo! ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a beautiful rainbow quilt! And how clever to use up orphan blocks as well.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a neat rainbow type quilt with the hearts.

LA Paylor said...

LOVE the hearts with squares quilt... so pretty, colorful and well balanced design
LeeAnna
(Hi Arthur... good boy)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great layout! I too have been playing with some blocks using scraps to fill in around them. Your top looks so planned. No one would guess it wasn't!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh that is gorgeous, Cyndy! I love how you connected the warm and cool sections. I would love to make something similar one day - you need to publish that pattern! Waving at you from Depoe Bay this morning - have a great Sunday!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a bright and fun quilt; looks fantastic to me!

Debbie said...

Love how it came together! You are so inspiring on using scraps and orphan blocks.

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

Love your no-blocks-left-behind strategy. There's a quilt top for every orphan block! : )

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

This top is a fun way to join two blocks! Thanks for sharing!

Julierose said...

Love the hearts and postage block together, Cynthia--really lovely work on pairing these...hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

A great layout! A very fun and colorful quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW brilliant, Cynthia!!!

01 09 10