Sunday, December 3, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Heart Quilt

 I have some great scrappy news to share today.


Remember this scrappy red heart quilt I shared back in March?




Well, you can find the pattern for it in the newest American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.

It is called Pieces of my Heart.





USED WITH PERMISSION FROM AMERICAN PATCHWORK & QUILTING®. ©2023 MEREDITH OPERATIONS CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

They did an adorable layout for the quilt and at the end of the pattern, provided information on donating quilts.



I also made this quilt with a pink heart and I don't think I ever shared it here on the blog.  These are both going to become Compassion quilts and will be sent off to bring comfort and compassion before the holiday.

Grab your copy of the magazine today and make this great scrappy quilt!
(Or any of the great designs included in the issue.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

17 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a fun quilt and great scrap buster idea, Cynthia!!! I just got my copy of AP&Q yesterday!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh look at that! Congratulations on being published! I love those quilts - such pretty patchwork. I'll have to look for that issue of the magazine. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Scrappy Red Heart is so cute! I think there will be a lot of these quilts made. Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that heart quilt sure is cute

Kate said...

Such a fun pattern. Congrats on getting it published!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on your quilt being published in the magazine, Cynthia, and better still that they promoted your Compassion Quilt program!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Congrats on the published quilt! It's adorable in either red or pink, and they did such a nice job with the photo.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Congratulations, Cynthia! Your quilt is so beautiful and looks awesome in that adorable photo. The background fabrics you stitched together off set the heart so perfectly!

Julierose said...

Congratulations on having your pattern published--it really is a super pretty quilt!! Nice job...hugs, Julierose

Kat said...

Congratulations!! It's a great quilt

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your heart quilt is stunning! With all the scraps you put into finished projects. . .it would seem that eventually you'd not have scraps. . .I seem to make more scraps than I use though. . .with you as inspiration and as a mentor, I keep trying to make a dent in those scraps!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations on the publication, Cynthia!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Congratulations on a long road to completion! Think of all the new quilts that will be made from the pattern and how more will be shared.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love it!! and so glad its in a magazine!! ( im heading to town tomorrow - its on my list!!!)

Bonnie said...

How fun to see your design in a magazine. I think I need to go find a copy of the magazine.

Nann said...

Congratulations!!! Did you submit the design to them or did they find you? I am a subscriber and I'll be sure to look for your pattern.

Mary Says Sew! said...

LOVE THIS! What a wonderful design, and perfect so many individuals and organizations. I thought of a pink version immediately when I saw the red one, and you've already done one of those. The red heart works as a Quilt of Valor, too.

Your idea of a single block in a field of lots of neutrals could be used with so many other blocks: a star, house, tree, etc.

Thank you for sharing it and for American Patchwork & Quilting magazine publishing it. Great article!

01 09 10