Friday, December 1, 2023

More Happy Quilt Finishes

Happy Friday!  I hope you guys aren't tired of seeing all these Happy Quilt finishes.  Three are a lot more blocks stacked around my house, so I am not stopping with these any time soon.


Happy Quilt #33 is this cute and colorful caterpillar quilt.  Someone had sent the 16 Hungry Caterpillar blocks in red.  I also received the cute caterpillar blocks in yellow to give me enough to make a quilt.  I have been hoarding that rainbow sashing for years.

This quilt measures 39" x 48".


Nann had sent me the orange print on the back and binding.  I fell in love with this print the moment I took it out of the box. I knew the right quilt would come along!



Just like with the caterpillar quilt, I received a bunch of the same baby themed blocks in yellow and green.  Back to my stash I went and found a periwinkle blue solid that matched perfectly for some sashing.  I had just enough blocks to make a little 40" square quilt.

 


I found a nice blue back for quilt # 34.



I get so many fun blocks and it is very fun to come up with a theme that fits them.  These blocks just had summer written all over them.  Hamburgers, ice cream cones, flip flops and hot dogs.

Quilt #35 measures 40 x 48".



When I saw this panel that Irene had sent, I knew it could be turned into the perfect backing.  I had to cut and resew it at bit to get it how I wanted it.  But isn't it cute?!



I have been really trying to focus on finishing as many baby and infant quilts as I can - that is where the need is right now.  I received this baby panel that I was going to try and turn into a backing but then I decided just to make it easy on myself and use it as the top of a quilt.


I received a cuddly flannel from Lynette that was perfect for the back.  No piecing required!

I have been purging out any flannel or fleece I can find so I can build tops to match.  With it being winter, this is the time to get them into quilts.  I have quite a few already quilted - I just need to get them bound.  I should be sharing some soon!





If you haven't seen the post yet, I announced the next Compassion Quilt block.  You can read about it here.  It is a bit more involved than the blocks in the past but I am hoping this drive will give me some time to catch up.  But you guys have continued to surprise me with your generosity.  

Thanks to all!



10 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

I luv all the bright colors! the blocks with hamburgers are making me want a hamburger 🤣

Julierose said...

I really like those square within a square designs to show off cute/pretty fabrics...I especially like the caterpillar one--just delightful :)))
hugs, Julierose (TGIF) ;)))

Kate said...

Such bright and fun quilts. You've been busy!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The rainbow sashing found the perfect home. I'm not tired of seeing these quilts at all and love getting to see all the variations that can be made just by grouping them by theme.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I can just picture you sorting through piles of happy blocks, deciding what goes with what! You're coming up with all kinds of adorable quilts. Love that first one especially, with the rainbow sashing!

scraphappy said...

So many happy quilts. Always fun to have a huge productivity streak. Congratulations on getting so many across the finish line.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Never, ever tired of photos of happy quilts, done quilts, gift quilts, comfort quilts, little quilts, big quilts...you get the idea.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Quilt #33?!?! Congratulations on such a fabulous response to the Compassion Quilt Happy Block drive, Cynthia. Off to read more about the next Block Drive...

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Nope, I don't tire of seeing finished quilts . . .ever! Loved all that red in the first one and thought someone had sent you a top! That rainbow sashing is the bomb!!!

Vicki W said...

You are a genius at the creative ways that you group and assemble the blocks you receive. Each quilt looks totally intentional!

01 09 10