Tuesday, January 9, 2024

More Misc Finishes

 I have a few more miscellaneous compassion quilt finishes to share today.  Over the holidays I got busy and quilted up a number of quilt tops - I am finally finishing the binding on a few.



Someone sent me in a huge stack of colorful string blocks.  I was able to sort them into two quilt tops.  Here is the first finish I made with them.  I know this quilt will bring a much-deserved smile to someone's lips.  It is so lovely!



This dotted wide backing was donated by a few people.  This piece came from Margaret.

This lovely quilt measures 50 x 70".



Karen donated this kit quite a while ago.  I was finally able to get it quilted up.  Sorry for the poor photo but it has some pretty lions, tigers and cheetahs on the front.



Karen also pieced and donated the backing and the binding.




I have been wanting to get this quilt finished up for a long time.  Isn't it wonderful?  Gail used my Two Bits pattern to make this lovely Veterans Quilt.  She also sent in a complete kit with backing and binding.

After our first Veteran Block drive, I had so many completed Veteran quilts, I had to hold off on making any more.  I am finally at the point where I need some for my February delivery.


Here is a fun close up of the backing.  Gail had sent in a blue binding but I decided to use a star and striped binding I already had.  I can easily use the blue on another quilt but this RWB one is more limited.  Plus it is a lot of fun on this quilt!

This quilt measures 60 x 72".

I hope to have more to share on Friday, so I hope you come back to see them!




5 comments:

Kate said...

Those are all fun finishes that will bring smiles to someone. Congrats on all the progress, you've been busy!

Auntie Em said...

The string quilt is so cheerful, it makes me happy just to look at it. The red/white/blue quilt is a stunner.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What lovely finishes! That sting quilt made me whistle with appreciation! I love string quilts. Karen's jungle quilt turned out great. She carried the theme into the bcking which was fun to see. Then, I saw the two bits pattern. . .Gail rocked it!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The star and stripe binding on the veteran quilt looks great and matches the backing very nicely.

Vicki W said...

String quilts are the best! You are off to a great start for 2024!

01 09 10