Friday, January 12, 2024

Six More Compassion Quilt Finishes

 It was a really busy week for Compassion Quilts.  Log Cabin blocks are starting to arrive and I have started to plan some fun layouts to sew up.  I received some quilts back from a local quilter who helped me out with some longarm quilting.  And I also got back some quilts that had their bindings sewn on.  Things are always hustling around here!



First up is this adorable quilt that Cheryl sent in.  The fabrics all have a beach theme to them.  With fun fabrics like these, simple patchwork is all you need!




Love her straight-line quilting on this one.

I think this quilt is about 44" square.


I used up some more of the flannel squares Wendy sent in.



I had this super cute flannel panel that Karyn sent me.  She also sent me the soft pink that I added to the sides to make it wide enough.  My friend Chris was able to sew the binding on this one.

This sweet quilt measures 44 x 48".



I also finally quilted the second Two Bits quilt top that Gail made.  I think the quilt is probably upside down but it was pouring rain and my quilt holder was a little height impaired.



Gail also sent in the backing and binding for this quilt.  The wide backing is a lovely swirl pattern but it would not photograph well at all.

This quilt measures 60 x 70".


I also finished up some Happy Quilts!

This quilt with all the cupcake and sweets blocks is Happy Quilt #55.  I wanted it just a bit wider, so I added two vertical borders.  Who says borders have to go all the way around a quilt!



I am still working on using up all the flannel bits I have on quilt backings.  I have had this yellow piece for years and the purple ice cream piece came with some other fabric recently.  It worked perfectly on this quilt.

This quilt measures 36 x 40".



Happy Quilt #56 is a party quilt!

There are sweets, balloons and party hats.


I had one more piece of fleece so I used that on the back of this quilt.  It measures 40 x 56".
Chris also sewed the binding on this one too.



Quilt number 57 is this Happy Zoo quilt. 
 All the blocks have fun animal prints on them.




The backing is flannel and has more zoo animals.  It does have a slight whitening where the bolt was probably sitting in a window.  It really shows up in the photo but it is hard to see up close.  No matter - it is a really cute quilt that will be loved!


And a special thanks to my goofy friend Janet for holding up all the quilts for me!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.  We might get some snow Saturday so it sounds like I will be home all weekend sewing!



The information on the current block drive is in this post if you want to make some blocks.  
I would really appreciate it!


4 comments:

Kate said...

Lots of fun and colorful comfort quilts. My favorite of this set is the Two Bits quilt. Stay warm!

Auntie Em said...

You are so creative in making all kinds of blocks and backing work together. Hooray for vertical borders!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Amazing finishes. You did well to document them all before the forecasted winter weather coming into our area tonight! I like that first one very much. . .interesting design created with the neutral blocks. You have the best sense of color and layout!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's awesome to see how you are able to pair up blocks and backing fabrics and bindings that you are sent. Looks like you and all the elves have been busy this week!

01 09 10