Wednesday, March 27, 2024

A Fistful of Finishes

Quilts really fly through the pipeline when I have a few elves to help!

Today I have quite a few finished quilts to share.  There is a little bit of everything.



First, I will share some quilts made from or Happy Block drive.  We are still working away on those.

This Happy quilt is all about travelling the USA. It is the 66th quilt to be completed.




The backing is suer fun.  There is a small piece of fabric with all the national parks.  And the rest of the back is places in the PNW to visit.

This quilt measures 48" x 54".


Happy Quilt #67 has a school theme. Crayons, hand prints, science scissors - lots of fun things you would find in a classroom.  I didn't have to do much to finish this quilt.  a good friend sewed up the quilt top and Laura quilted it up and sewed the binding.



A fun Dick and Jane fabric for the back.  Not sure today's kids even know what this is.

This quilt is 48" square.


I was finally able to get this shark quilt top that Kristi sent in last year quilted.  Local quilter Cindy helped me out with the quilting.  And Chris was able to sew up the binding for me.  



Kristi had sent a smaller cut with fishes for the backing.  I knew I had to finally cut into my piranha fabric I have been hoarding for years.  Isn't it fantastic?!

This quilt measures about 40 x 48".


Kristi also sent in this fun quilt top.  The same trio worked on this one too.  Cindy did the quilting and Chris sewed the binding.  I appreciate everyone's help on these!



I was so happy to finally use this green chevron fabric that has been in my stash a really long time.  It was the perfect size for this quilt.

I think this quilt was 40 x 48" also.



Finally, check out this scrappy goodness.  Christine made this quilt top. and I sent it to local quilter Laura for quilting. (She even sewed on the binding for me too!)



It looks like even the back was made from leftovers.

This quilt measure 48" x 56".

I have a couple more log cabin finishes to share but I will wait until Friday to reveal those.

Thanks to all who contributed their time to help me get these past the finish line!


4 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow. . .that is an unbelievable number of happy quilts finished!!! Each is so aptly named. The variety has been astounding!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

5 fantastic finishes for the week!

Kate said...

Lots of fun additions to the donation pile. Those will all be loved by someone.

Vicki W said...

That's a nice collection!

01 09 10