Friday, March 29, 2024

Log Cabin Finishes #14 and #15

I think all of the log cabin blocks have arrived, so I have been working on finishing up the last few quilts.  I have two to share today.


Toward the end of the block drive, I started receiving a bunch of green blocks.  I always have a hard time mixing up different shades of green so making these big circles allowed me to keep them cohesive.  Staggering the circles helped too.




An all green quilt top deserves a pretty green backing.  
Thanks to Nancy I had this lovely paisley piece.

This quilt measures 55" x 66".



My friends Audrey and Janet put together this design.  Neither of them are quilters but they really enjoyed creating different layouts.  I was busy sewing blocks together, but I was pretty impressed with what they came up with.
 


I was gifted this green ticking stripe.  I thought it would be fun on the back.

This quilt is 66" square.

So there you have it.  
Fifteen quilts already finished and I think I have enough blocks for two more.




I have a GIANT stack of churn dash blocks just waiting for me to start putting together.  I hope to get working on those next week.  If you want to join in the fun, you can read more about the current block drive here.


Enjoy your weekend!



7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm amazed how cohesive these quilts look even though the blocks were pieced by various people! These quilts will be such a blessing. Thank you for your time and effort, happy stitching!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The offset log cabin blocks look so good as finished quilts. Staggering the greens really lets them be different without harsh clashing. And hooray for such a large set of churn dash blocks waiting for your attention!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I too am challenged with the results of putting the variety of a color. . .and not just green either!! Your finishes are truly a marvel! These will be loved!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Wonderful finishes!! These are so fun. I really hope you'll do log cabin blocks again, maybe a different variation. But we all love using up our strings for a worthy cause.

Kate said...

Both log cabin quilts turned out beautifully. You've really put your elves efforts to good use.

The Joyful Quilter said...

These are SEW awesome!!

Nann said...

Oh, the log cabin quilts all turned out so well! The offset setting is especially intriguing. I'm working on churn dashes for you now.

01 09 10