Friday, April 5, 2024

Some Friday Finishes

I kind of hit a wall this week and didn't finish as many quilts as I had planned.  I opted to snuggle with my puppy rather than sew bindings a couple of evenings.  Arhtur was rather pleased about that!



I did still get a few quilts across the finish line.  This is the 16th log cabin quilt made from our last block drive.  There is just one more to finish.

Audrey and Janet laid these blocks out.  I think they did a fabulous job.



This white and green backing came out of my stock.  I am not a fan of light backings so I was happy to let it go.  The awesome stripe binding fabric came from Yvonne.

This quilt measures 55" x 66".



This lovely fall quilt is another estate sale rescue.  Deana saved this top for me - it was probably king-sized and all hand appliqued.  I took it apart and made two quilts out if it.

Deana also found a new king-sized Ikea duvet insert that was relatively low loft - hoping I could use it as batting.  It quilted up okay and does have a "puff" that my batting does not.  But I will say I would not attempt to use this if you are using a domestic machine to quilt.  It was kind of slippery to work with.  On my big machine, I didn't really have any issues.

This quilt measures 60 x 70".



Normally, when I use batiks on the quilt top and binding, I like to use a batik back.  I didn't really like any of the batik yardage I had but I did have this amazing fall colored floral that Pat sent it.  
It looks so lovely on this quilt!



Remember the scrappy pansy quilt top I recently finished?  

It is now all quilted up and ready to be donated.



I also had some pansy fabric for the back. 
 I hope his colorful scrappy quilt finds its way to a gardener.

This quilt measures 48" x 56".


I hope you all have a great weekend!




 

5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, how fun to see the stripe print used as a binding for the log cabin quilt. 3 quilt finishes in a week is still great progress in my book!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Looks to me like you accomplished a TON!!!! Snuggles with Arthur. . .that is living the good live! I do like the layout of the log cabin blocks and the backing for the leaves was perfect!

Kate said...

The log cabin quilt is really pretty. All of them worked out beautifully. Even if you didn't meet your goals, you still got a lot done.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, it sounds like you had a really productive week. Good for you for taking quality time with your puppy. You probably both needed it! Your quilts look great. Take care.

The Joyful Quilter said...

For not getting as much done as you wanted, you certainly finish a lot!

01 09 10