Sunday, May 5, 2024

Oh Scrap! : More HSTs

Yay!  I wasn't sure if I was going to find the time to play with scraps this week.  
But I decided dusting is overrated!


I made ten more of the scrappy 6.5" HSTs for my scrappy quilt.



Here is where we are now.  I really had to dig deep to find enough of these royal blue scraps.  Next up will be some purple for the corners.  But first I need to find some big chunks of more gray scraps.

I am really pleased with how this is progressing!

What did you do with your scraps this week?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



 

10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think dusting is overrated, too, lol! Your scrappy HST design is looking great - I love the color layout. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love these deep blues, like twilight, Cynthia. A wonderful project!

Kate said...

Those scrappy HSTs make a very fun quilt! Hope you can find more of the right color scraps to get it finished.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great blue scraps! This is a great design, I like it more every week!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely HST layout, this royal blue "row" is gorgeous!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Dusting is way overrated - it just comes back!!!
LOVE your scrappy blocks - this is going to be a cool quilt!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your scrap project is progressing beautifully! I hope you uncover some gray chunks soon!

Astrid said...

Indeed, dusting is overrated! lol Love the scrappy look, and the design, so pretty!

Holly in Indiana said...

We can all help Cynthia by sending batting from Walmart.com or Joanns free of the shipping charge. It is easy and painless. She is zipping these quilts out left and right and unless she is independently wealthy??? We need to help, I have.

QuiltGranma said...

We'll be going to my long-armer tomorrow, so getting binding ready to apply to the two I'll be bringing home. Love your scrappy HST's!

01 09 10