Friday, May 3, 2024

Churn Dash Quilt #5

 I was really hoping to have a second quilt to share today but I didn't get the binding sewn on in time.  My dog felt he needed to be snuggled more than he was getting.



I still had a few more of the big blue starred squares that were sent to me.  So I made a second quilt framing the smaller churn dashes with some red fabric and alternating them with the blue squares. 
 I really like how this layout looks.

This quilt measures 60 x 70"



Suzanne sent this blue and cream backing already sewn together.  That can be so helpful as I am pulling fabric for these quilt tops.  

I do want to mention that the batting for about half of these Veteran block drive quilts was sent to me by a generous quilter.  It was amazing to see a bolt of batting arrive on my porch!


I am hoping next week I can hit these churn dash quilts hard.  I have a big stack of blocks I need to sew up and there are some more tops to quilt.

If you have blocks to still send in, I would appreciate it if you can do it soon.
It is hard to believe but the next block drive will be announced the end of this month!


4 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful finish! That setting is catches my eye. . .I suppose it is all the red! LOL It was a nice afternoon for a walk so I'm glad Arthur nudged you into it!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Outlining the small churn dash blocks in red was an inspired choice. This came together beautifully!

Kate said...

A very fun finish! The back is almost as fun as the front.

karenbbsnow said...

Another awesome finish!

01 09 10