Wednesday, May 8, 2024

One More Stix and Happy Quilt #72

My focus this week was on finishing some of the Churn Dash quilts.  I will share those on Friday.  Today are some miscellaneous quilts I don't want you to miss.



First up is this cute construction quilt.  There are so many adorable prints in these happy blocks.

My good friend Jeanne sewed the blocks together and local quilter Cindy quilted this one up for me.
All I had to do was sew on the binding.



Karen sent in this fun backing.  It really finished off the quilt nicely.

This quilt measures 40 x 48"



Remember these blocks from a previous block drive?  I came across the last of the blocks and decided to put them all in one last quilt.  We might do this block again in the future, but it will be years away.   I think I had to make two more blocks to have enough for this quilt.


The front is a little chaotic, so I put a nice peaceful backing on it.  This lovely gray and tan floral came from Dorothy.

This quilt measures 54" x 72".




Speaking of Stix blocks, Wendy sent me these two photos of some Stix Quilts she made as donation quilts for her guild.  They went to a camp for seriously ill children.  I love to hear that quilters are using their blocks to donate to local organizations too.

That is all I have today.  Tomorrow, I pick up a few quilts from a local quilter and I should have the binding completed on three Churn Dash quilts by the end of the week.

Many Hands and Many Hearts make light work!



 

5 comments:

Holly in Indiana said...

Nice work, I loved making both of these blocks. Cannot wait for the next installment.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations on getting the last of the color stix blocks used up!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Simply lovely finishes all around! How wonderful your block drive ended up assisting other local organizations outside of your community, To learn that fact has to swell your heart with pure joy!

Kate said...

Very fun quilts! It has to feel good to use up the last of the stick blocks.

Vicki W said...

Your hospital must absolutely love you. You keep steadily churning these beautiful quilts out!

01 09 10