Sunday, June 30, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Orange HSTs

 I found a little bit of time this week to make the last blocks I need for my scrappy HST project.



These last twelve orange 6.5" HSTs will complete the corners on the layout.  Now I can finally sew up the quilt top and clear it off my design wall.  I am thinking I want to get out some of my orphan blocks and make a few donation quilts from them.  I certainly have an abundance of them!

Most of this week was spent organizing my old office into the storeroom for Many Hands and Many Hearts.  All the fabric is now on bookshelves, finished quilts are stacked on and below a table.  And the bindings and pre-cuts have their own location so they are easy to find,

I am really pleased with how it is all looking and functioning!

What fun things have you been working on?



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


   Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty! I may have asked you this before, but can't remember - are you making a full size square with your strips first, and then making the HSTs with the two at a time method? Glad you're finding a place to get the stuff organized for MHMH, too. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing the finish of the Scrappy HST project. Seems many of us are reorganizing our sewing and storage spaces, glad your refreshed space is working for you.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These oranges are so bright and cheery!

Holly in Indiana said...

Pictures please. I love an organized inspiration!!!

Carol Andrews said...

Such pretty blocks! Congrats on getting that storage space organized. That’s always a big job. Like you I’m concentrating on using orphan blocks and scraps (both mine and some donated ones) for charity quilts. I need at least 12 lap/throw sized finished by the end of November 🤪

01 09 10