Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Kid Quilts

 I have been pumping a number of smaller kid quilts into the pipeline in preparation for our year end donations to Bag of Love.  I did take a small donation to them earlier this month so I could confirm what they anticipate their needs will be.  Their greatest need this year are infant and teen quilts.

Here are a few that were completed this week.



Here is another quilt top made by Chris.  I really like all these simple tops made from bright colors.



Love this bright orange backing sent in by Suzanne. 
 And a big thanks to Penny for sewing on the binding!

This sweet quilt measures about 40" square.



A while back, Karen sent in a bunch of flannel squares.  Janet divided them up into two stacks and this is the bright layout she came up.



On the back is a fun fleece that came from an estate sale.  
No batting in this one but it is still super cuddly.

This quilt measures about 44 x 48".




Another quilt top from Chris.  Alot of the same blocks but they each have a special border.  She just pulled all this out of her stash.

This one is also 40" square.



A fun cowboy quilt!  Karyn sent in this quilt top and local quilter Cindy quilted it up with fun stars.



Karyn also sent in the backing which really shows off Cindy's quilting.  
Penny also bound this one for me too.

This quilt measures about 38 x 48".




Here is the fifth quilt top sent in by Chris.  This one I quilted up with some simple loops and I even sewed on the binding.



Elizabeth sent in this wonderful strip quilt. There are so many cute prints in this one.



My fabric picker Deana found this adorable animal backing fabric.  I would love to have more of this fun print.  Local quilter Cindy quilted this one and Penny finished up the binding for me.




And here is Chris' sixth little quilt with the same backing fabric from Suzanne.  I received 8 yards of that orange fabric and loaded it onto my longarm in one piece.  Then I was able to quilt these quilt tops one right after the other.  It was a real time saver.




Thanks to all who are getting your Jewel Box blocks to me.  I hope to start sewing them into quilt tops soon.  I think I still have two more Two Step tops to sew up and then I will be ready to dive into the newest block drive.  The blocks are already starting to pile up!

If you would like to make a few blocks, you can read more about making them in this post.


I will have more finishes for Many Hands and Many Hearts to share on Friday!



3 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those are all wonderful kid quilts. What a great way to use eight yards of the orange fabric!!!!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Great kids quilts!! I love the bright colors. You've got such a talented and generous community of quilters!

Kate said...

Very fun and bright quilts. Looks like you and your helpers have been very busy.

01 09 10