Sunday, September 8, 2024

Oh Scrap! : More Cutting

I didn't think I spent much time on scraps this week but as I was organizing the quilts that were finished this week, I came across this little quilt.



I think I mentioned at one time, I have been going through all the flannel scraps to see what I could turn into quilts. I made all the nine patches a while back, but I did sew the blocks together and quilt up this soft little quilt.



I had this tan piece of flannel that worked perfectly for the backing.  Even the binding was made from some flannel leftovers.

I still have a few more flannel quilts to make.  I did get the scraps all organized into possible quilts - so now all i have to do is get creative with the pieces I have.



I did go through my orange scraps this week and cut as many 4.5" squares as I could from them.  I am just going to keep stacking them into a box until I am ready to start sewing on them.


I am looking forward to some cool weather this week.
Are you ready for Fall?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


  Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly





There is still time to take advantage of the Labor Day Sale at Connecting Threads.


3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your quilts made of flannel squares look cozy and comforting! I bet they will get a lot of love. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, that is a very cute quilt. I am so ready for fall although it was a little shocking today...I would have put the heat on but it's going to be warm for the rest of the week, so we're just bundling up! Have a great week.

Kate said...

Very cute. That darker grey works really well with all those greens. Hope you can find some time to play with all your scraps, you've been so busy with the block challenges.

01 09 10