Sunday, September 15, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Strings

 I had a few minutes to sew on Saturday, so I decided to get out the RWB strings and make a few more blocks.  I really wanted some mindless sewing!



In no time at all, I finished up ten more blocks.



I added them to my stack of blocks.  Some of these were sent to me and others I made along the way.
There are now a total of 52 completed blocks.



Plenty here to make a quilt.  Now I just need some time to decide on a layout and sew up the quilt top!

I also have a stack of bright colored string blocks that I need to make into a quilt top.  I think I will leave both stacks out where I can see them - ensuring they will get my attention faster!

I find myself lately jumping from project to project.  I need to focus!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
  Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly  


9 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

String blocks are so satisfying! I'm looking forward to seeing your RW&B final layout, Cynthia!

Kate said...

You made the most of your mindless sewing time. Hopefully you can focus as needed, but still work in some play time. All focus and no fun is just hard.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Strings are great mindless sewing. Except I always make a big mess! Leaving the blocks out is a good idea too. Thanks for Oh Scrap every week.

Connie said...

Mindless sewing maybe, but I think string quilts are beautiful.

Nann said...

Nice batch of RWB! Looking forward to seeing what layout you come up with.

Annmarie said...

Wondering what you use behind your string blocks?

Bonnie said...

It's hard to focus when there are lots of beautiful and fun fabric in the stash or a new block to make. I'm a fan of string quilts. Maybe I'll make some to go with my existing pile of string blocks.

Anne said...

Great Strategy! Leaving the blocks in plain sight so that they call to you each day! Mindless, but satisfying sewing, indeed!

Anne said...

Great strategy! Leaving the blocks in plain sight so that they call out to you each day!

01 09 10