Sunday, August 23, 2026

Oh Scrap! : Flannel

 It has been a really long time since I had a chance to play around with some scraps.  I did cut up a bunch of flannel scraps recently.  I am still cutting everything into 4.5" x 2.5" rectangles.



I have been focusing on the pink and blue scraps.  I almost have enough for another pink quilt already.  All of the other flannel scraps I have processed are waiting to be paired up with a low volume or to be sewn together in another configuration.  With the cooler weather on its way, we are switching over to flannel backings and that means more scraps!

I am just resigned to the fact that I will never catch up!


****************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

 Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your pinwheels make great scrappy blocks, Cindy, especially when you just want to sew something fast and easy! They'll make beautiful quilts, too. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Chantal said...

I came to the same conclusion: as long as the sun comes up from the East, there will be scraps! I'm wondering; how do you keep your cutting mat clean after cutting flannel? I find flannels leave such a mess behind and I can't clear all of it away. Any pointers? Tips? I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance. ;^)
gr8redhorse at gmail dot com

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I'm getting ready to start flannel quilts, too! You're so right, scraps never end and we never catch up. I guess that's okay with me lol.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

It was good to see the fruits of your opportunity to spend some time playing around with scraps. I've missed seeing what you've made with scraps!

01 09 10