I had lots of plans for todays post but my Saturday got away from me. So, I thought I would share one of my favorite scrap quilts that have been donated to Many Hands and Many Hearts.
One of my favorite quilt blocks is the bowtie block. I haven't made one in a while, but it used to be one of my go-to blocks. Denice made this quilt top. I usually make larger sized blocks, but hers are a compact six inches - cute and tiny!
But what really puts this quilt u to the top of my list was she used a cheddar solid for the background.
I love any quilt with cheddar in it!
It took me a bit to decide how to back this quilt. I finally chose this blue print sent in by Karen. It is hard to see but the design on the blue is a faint tan/cheddar color. It looks amazing!
We sent this off to Gloria to quilt. I knew she would love it too!
Do you have a favorite block that always sets your heart racing?
****************************************
It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
The new block drive has been released. I have decided to call these Friendship Bracelet blocks. Thanks, Deanna, for suggesting the name. This drive runs until the end of November so there is lots of time to join in. You can read more about it in this post.



7 comments:
My favs are Churn Dash and Flying Geese! You can bet they will be in my SAHRR each year.
I love bowtie quilts, too! That cheddar background is awesome - makes me want to start a new quilt, lol! Have a relaxing Sunday, Cyndy.
Cheddar is really better! That is a great quilt!!
That's a cool bowtie quilt. The cheddar makes the colors really pop!
That bowtie quilt is fantastic!!
When you asked about favorite quilt blocks, all that i could think of . . . is that everytime I go to a quilt show and someone has made a bed sizes quilt of nothing but little hexies it absolutely pulls at my heartstrings. There is something so homespun and comfy about them.
It's always fun to see a background other than white, black, gray or beige. The cheddar really sets off the colors in the bow ties.
Post a Comment