Due to a nice quiet Thanksgiving, I found myself with a lot of free time - time I spent in my sewing room! One of the projects I worked on was to complete the last four blocks for my Scrap-A-Palooza sampler quilt.
These last four blocks are for the corners of my sampler so I thought some pinwheel shaped blocks would fill the spaces nicely. I decided to use the same color as I used in the center block of the sampler. I thought it would balance the colors nicely.
And here is the finished quilt top! All of the pieces were pulled from my scrap bins. Even the background fabrics are various low volume scraps. I love all of the color play and the fact that every block is different.
So that is how I used my scraps, what about you!
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt
Cooking Up Quilts