Sunday, November 29, 2015

Oh Scrap! : Scrap-A-Palooza Flimsy

Due to a nice quiet Thanksgiving, I found myself with a lot of free time - time I spent in my sewing room!  One of the projects I worked on was to complete the last four blocks for my Scrap-A-Palooza sampler quilt.  


These last four blocks are for the corners of my sampler so I thought some pinwheel shaped blocks would fill the spaces nicely. I decided to use the same color as I used in the center block of the sampler.  I thought it would balance the colors nicely.




 And here is the finished quilt top!  All of the pieces were pulled from my scrap bins.  Even the background fabrics are various low volume scraps.  I love all of the color play and the fact that every block is different.

So that is how I used my scraps, what about you!


*****************************
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt
Patchwork Times
Cooking Up Quilts



25 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That quilt is so pretty! I love those colors, and I would never have thought to put them together. I think I need to build up my stash of purples!

Jasmine said...

I love how the corner blocks match the center in color. It draws your eye to the middle so well.

Chantal said...

I LOVE the colours of this quilt and how well balanced it is. You have created a gem. Congrats!

gayle said...

It's been so much fun watching this quilt grow and come together! Thank you for sharing the process - I love to hear the behind the scenes stuff!

scraphappy said...

Your sampler quilt looks absolutely planned. I would never guess that it all came from the scrap bins. Love the lime corners. Perfect finish.

Lois said...

What a nice finish the greens are - like Gayle I also thank you for sharing the process Cynthia:))

em's scrapbag said...

It turned out wonderfully. Love the colors.

Sandra Walker said...

Like the use of the same fabric from the centre in the corners! Such a happy spring-like quilt...I'm already thinking of Spring!

Kat said...

This design looks better and better as it goes along! Great vision you have!

Lisa J. said...

Such a beautiful quilt, made all from your scrap bin.

Afton Warrick said...

The additional green blocks did tie everything together quite nicely. The melding of scrap fabrics appears intentional and organized, like you bought specifically for the quilt, rater than used scraps.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous top! I love your scrappiness. I did finish my Calico Rose, but I can't lay it out to photograph the whole thing, so only have 1/4 of it in a picture. Congratulations on your finish!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

dropped by to say "hi" from Sew Cute and that's a great sampler, love your colour choices and the lime green in the corners set the whole quilt top off perfectly. I particularly like your strong diagonals that pull the whole quilt top design together instead of it looking like a collection of individual blocks the way a sampler quilt can - Chris @madebyChrissieD :D

Jayne said...

Very, very nice finish! I agree on the corners...great balance! You are the scrap queen!

Lorinda said...

I love this top! Great color and block choices!

Susan said...

That is one beautiful quilt--well done!

Beth said...

I loved watching this come together. So beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous quilt. Love your choice of colors as they complement each other beautifully.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh it turned out great!!! Love all the colors!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful sampler quilt!!

Jo Ferguson said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous quilt.

Cathy said...

I love this quilt!!! The colors are so harmonious that it doesn't really look like a scrap quilt. So pretty!

the zen quilter said...

I think this is really awesome, a fabulous use of scraps! And I LOVE those green blocks- all of them. Great job!

Lorna McMahon said...

Your scrappy sampler quilt turned out so pretty! Love the low volume background and the colour scheme of your blocks. Such a beautiful top!

Allison said...

I love the sampler quilt! I was looking forward to quiet break time to do quilting, but went out of town instead.

01 09 10