Sunday, July 31, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Do I have Scraps?

I was recently asked if I thought I had enough scraps to put together a small string quilt in Mint, Gray and Light Turquoise....





Do I have enough scraps.....Ha!


My longarm Pete comes back Monday so my vacation is almost over.  Back to working on customer quilts this week.  And I have quite a few of mine own I will need to sneak in there someplace!


************************************ 

Now it is time to share your scrap projects, here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!

16 comments:

Vera said...

Looks like you had :) Neat!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice that you will have your machine back - don't work too hard! The applique border that I link to goes with the Postage Stamp quilt that I have made - two borders will have wool applique on them the postage stamp is very scrappy and has thousands of pieces in it.

Paige said...

Such a calming scrap quilt, just beautiful!

Jayne said...

Love! I really need to try this string quilt and use mint and green! Those colors are so so gorgeous!

Ivani said...

Oh my I am sure you had! I always love string quilts. Very well done!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the calmness of this colour string.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This is so pretty! I never thought about using that color combination, but it is beautiful! I had a friend ask the other day if I was throwing away scraps!! (when I was cleaning). Oh no, never! You never know what you can make out of them!

Kat said...

Such a pretty color combination!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your string quilt is so pretty. I love the aqua colors. Blessings, Gretchen

Kathy's A Quilter said...

That string quilt is so wonderful, love those colours together. And thank you, yet more ideas!!!

Jane said...

This is a lovely and calming color combination! Thanks for sharing! My "scraps" are fabric remnant gems that have simply not yet found the right quilt for their next life. My favorite gem so far was a roughly 4x7 fuchsia marble I rescued from a scrap bag after a class a few years ago. It made the perfect corner "poing" for a lap quilt gifted to a nursing home resident. (janeherbst at roadrunner dot com).

Kate said...

That's not a color combination I would have considered, but I really like it. Congrats on using up a few more strings.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I really like that color combo....it looks so calm and soothing. It's a really pretty quilt!

Kathleen said...

This is so pretty! And I love the way the blocks look as though they have depth.

Nancy said...

Your quilt looks very restful. I'm impressed that you have enough scraps of just those few colors to make a whole quilt. (And I thought I had scraps!)
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

beth s said...

I love string quilts! Your colors are great

01 09 10