Sunday, January 23, 2022

Oh Scrap! : More Red Blocks

 This week was a pretty productive one.  I worked on about 4 different projects and made some great progress.  I finished all the blocks for my UFO quilt and am busy sewing up the rows.  I made two more placemat tops that I can quilt up soon.




On the scrap front, I made four Bloom blocks in red.  This is a new project I am starting this year.




The four blocks will go together in the quilt like this.  I have had one of the medallion layouts shared in the pattern stuck in my head so I know I just have to make it so I can move on.

This quilt will not be made from 100% scraps - I am using all the same white fabric for the background and the bases will all be the same.




I also finished another geo letter for my banner.  I have two more in red that I need to complete.  Hopefully I can finish them this week.  I messed up a bit on the background for this letter, but I can fix it when I go to put all the letters together.  You all know how I hate to get out my seam ripper!

Hoe you all enjoy your week!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                   Follow Me on Feedly



Linking Up:

11 comments:

Chantal said...

I wanted to make this basket block for RSC but I already have too many on my plate. I don't know what you did wrong with the letter block but I trust you if you say it's wrong. ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like your basket block - that grouping of four look really well together

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love those letters! And Bloom will be a very dramatic quilt! I've seen that setting in antique basket quilts, and it's dynamite.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty Bloom blocks in RED for the RSC, Cynthia! Looking forward to seeing this Medallion come together and your UFO quilt, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that layout idea for the Bloom blocks, too! Once I've made enough of them, I'll enjoy playing with those layouts. I've been trying to figure out why you would be making a Z for your banner, lol! (But then realized it could be an N! :) Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Bloom blocks look fabulous and so does your letter. I look forward to seeing more of your banner. happy quilting.

Ivani said...

This are beautiful blocks, and you chose a great layout for them.

Julie in GA said...

I love your basket blocks and can't wait to see all the letters you are making!

Susie H said...

Great projects. The baskets with all the pretty flowers will look wonderful at RSC year's end!

Susan said...

Good looking red blocks!

QuiltGranma said...

Lovin those basket blocks

01 09 10