Sunday, January 16, 2022

Oh Scrap! : Scrappy Letters

 For a long time now, I have been wanting to make a small banner with my business name on it for various events.  I don't want it to be too big and of course I want it scrappy.




When I was digging through my gray scraps for my placemats, I kept out some various shades of solids and decided to tackle some paper piecing.  I am using Quiet Plays Geo Letters pattern.  Once they are framed, I think they will measure about 6" square.

For gray, I just need these two letters.




Next up are three letters in shades of red.

I haven't done any paper piecing in a really long time. 
 It took a bit to get back in the swing of it!

Happy Scrappy Sunday!



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


14 comments:

Ivani said...

I like the look of those scrappy letters.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your banner!!! Looks cute so far!!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Neat scrappy letters! This will be a great banner.

Turid said...

So fun to make scrappy letters. Good use of your tiniest scraps.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I've never managed to get a hang of paper piecing, so you are ahead of me. Those letters look great - like diamonds.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, those are going to look lovely. I really enjoy foundation paper piecing and it's a perfect technique for using scraps. Good luck and have a great week.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I love your scrappy letters! You have the best ideas!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a neat idea, and great use for your scraps! It always takes me a bit of thinking to get back into the swing of paper-piecing, too. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

oh wow! your letters are really cool!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

The letters look great. Good luck.

Julie in GA said...

Great looking letters! They will make a fun banner design.

Quilter Kathy said...

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern site!

Nann said...

What an interesting way to make letters! Thanks for the link.

Kate said...

That's going to be a fun banner. I always have to go slow when I start a new paper piecing project, you have to get your head ack into it.

01 09 10