Friday, January 21, 2022

First Quilt Finish of 2022

 I shared some finished placemats earlier this month, but this is the first quilt finish of 2022.



I had a number of navy-blue leftover binding strips and large blue chunks in my scrap bins.  So I wanted to make a project that used them up.  I am also wanting to clean out the tiny crumbs from my scrap bins - so this quilt really helped meet those two goals.




There are a number of different layouts that can be made using this block.  But I went with this one because I didn't need to match up a bunch of points.  I am really pleased with how it turned out.




The block is quite simple...it is just a 2.5 x 8.5" rectangle with four 1.5" flip corners sewn on.




I was able to use up some older stash on the back.  I didn't have quite enough of the striped fabric, so I pieced in another blue.  It really shows off the swirly quilting.

This one will most likely go into the donation pile.  It isn't very big - it measures 48"x 56".
I am pleased to report it used up almost all the navy scraps I had. Yay!

This wek I hope to focus on the UFO project I want to finish by the end of the month.  Almost all the blocks are done - I just need to sew them up and quilt...and I have about 10 days to get it all done!

Have a great weekend!


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                   Follow Me on Feedly



Linking Up:

Do you love Jelly Rolls?


Annie’s Fabric Strip Pack Club is a monthly subscription for deliveries of high-quality, perfectly coordinated fabric strips right to your door. Each pack contains 40 strips of 100% cotton.

Plus, when you join, you get member-only access to a digital library with 5 patterns perfect for quilting with fabric strip packs! Each following month you’ll get a new fabric strip pattern added to your digital library.

19 comments:

Julierose said...

Beautiful first finish for 2022!! I love how the little corners make that pretty edging throughout..nice work ^-^ hugs, Julierose

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Fabulous finish. Interesting block.

Libby in TN said...

You do the most with the least! Love it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's just beautiful! I love how the corners going different directions in each row give the quilt such movement. For such small pieces, I think that's a good size quilt, too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is an awesome first finish!!!!

Chantal said...

Congratulations on your first wonderful finish! And on keeping your lawn so beautifully green in mid-January! (Where do you live?) We've been shoveling snow for the last 2 weeks. Enjoy that grass. ;^)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The red binding finished it off perfectly, and hooray for using up nearly all of your navy scraps; success!

Vicki W said...

It turned out great!

Susie H said...

How pretty! I love the movement of color with the sewn on triangles, the way they flippity-do throughout the quilt.

Quilting Babcia said...

Those block edges remind me of rickrack and make this a beautiful scrappy quilt. So effective the way you've arranged the blocks, and makes me want to dig through the scrap bins and start one too.

Barb N said...

I love your finish! Great idea.

Sandy Panagos said...

That turned out great! I'm sure it's the first of many finishes this year.

Linda said...

I love your blue quilt. What a great first finish for the New Year!

Catarina C said...

What a perfect way you used the scaps, I must remember this and congrates to the nice quilt!

Kris said...

That is really a pretty effect of the reds off the blues. Simple and lovely!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

you make the prettiest quilts! congrats on the first finish of 2022!

Darlene said...

I like this block. Looks like ric rac. Congrats on the finish.

QuiltGranma said...

Love this, showed hubby. I taught him to quilt a few years ago and he really likes it too!

Debbie said...

What a great way to make this design. I really love it especially the waves of color triangles.

01 09 10