Sunday, July 2, 2023

Oh Scrap! : A Few More Solid Blocks

 Not a lot of scrap sewing this week.



But I did finish 6 more improv blocks.  I now have a total of fifteen 8.5" square blocks completed.  Not sure where I am going with this project - right now I am just sewing up scraps!

Do you need a plan for your blocks when you start a project or do you wait to see where the project will lead you?  I rarely know what the finished quilt will look like when I start a project.

Hope I am not the only one that quilts that way :)


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



BTW - If you are looking for the current Compassion Quilt block drive, you can check out this link.

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I rarely have a plan when I start sewing scrappy blocks, lol! (And there have been many times when I really should have had one.) Your blocks are looking like you're going for a colorwash effect, and I love that! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Chantal said...

Some of my best quilts were unplanned and I've just "wing it" kind of style. Sometimes I plan but don't follow through. Other ideas came by and messed up, or completely changed Plan A. Some blocks are made just because I need to sew or because the fabric wants to be in this style of block, and so on. I'm pretty much a fabric freelancer, haha.
I love your blocks, especially the green one transitioning into the blue. I think you have a plan evolving here. Enjoy! ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love Chantal's comment! I think I'm a fabric freelancer too. Sometimes I have a plan. Sometimes I even stick to the plan. Other times I just get excited about an idea and start cutting and sewing. I love how you're using up your solid scraps and making interesting blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love them!!! they will make an amazing *something* when you decide!!

MissPat said...

My problem is I enjoy making blocks more than putting them together, even when there's a plan. I think that's why I like the charity block project. I make blocks and you get to finish them.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

I tend to be a "seat of the pants" quilter more often than a planner. Who am I kidding? That's the way I live my entire life! LOL!

cityquilter grace said...

better and better!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, I don't always know what my scrap projects will looks like, especially if it's improv. I really love those improv blocks :-)

Kate said...

The one reason I have so many block sets without settings is that I start a project without having a clue how to finish it. Looking forward to where you take these improv blocks.

01 09 10