Friday, July 7, 2023

Color Stix #3 and #4

 The pipeline for the newest Compassion Quilt block drive is now flowing nicely and I have a couple finishes to share with you today.  This block drive was designed to help me use up some of the donated backing fabrics that haven't found a home yet.  So far, it is working splendidly!


This first quilt was fairly easy to put together.  Here is the back first.  I had two 2-yard cuts of some orange and green florals.  I think Nann may have donated one or both of these fabrics.



Here is quilt number three!  I had lots of red, orange, yellow and green blocks to choose from.  I think this quilt has summer written all over it!

I should also mention that this quilt uses one of the bindings that Gail donated this block drive.  She generously prepared and marked about a dozen solid(ish) bindings for me.  It has been so nice!

This quilt measures 63 x 72".



This next quilt was put together specifically to use up this vintage fox hunt fabric I was gifted.



I was able to pull some teal, burgundy and brown blocks that coordinated with the backing.



Check out how nicely it looks!  It also has a masculine feel to it.  I try to get away from the bright flowery quilts when I can.

This brown grunge binding was also donated by Gail.

This quilt measures 54 x 63".
(The size is usually dependent on the size of the backing.)

A big thanks to all of you for all the blocks that are arriving in my mailbox each week.  I have been having my friends help me with sewing up some of the upcoming tops.  I appreciate everyone's support!

If you want to read more about my Compassion Quilt block drives or find the instructions for the current block, you can check out my Compassion Quilt page.  There are a number of ways you can help listed there.


Finally, I have received some inquiries if it is okay for guilds or sewing groups to use my block/layout designs for their charity groups.  Absolutely!  It warms my heart that more quilts of compassion are out there being made!

Have a great weekend!




6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They are both so great - but!! I am totally drawn to the first one - its just so bright and happy and with those green blocks thrown in - LOVE it!!! ( kinda like Juicy fruit gums!!!)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That first quilt does have summer written all over it! It is so bright and cheery. What perfect blocks to compliment that vintage backing for the second quilt. . .AMAZING!!!!!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Those are great finishes. It is a great idea to use up pieces of backing fabric. The front of the quilt is lovely but the backs make them so unique. I especially love the masculine one. I often feel badly for men that get flowery things when that's really not their vibe. Not that flowers have to be for girls only, but some men are old fashioned and need something different.

Vicki W said...

Both of these are great!

MissPat said...

What a perfect match the hunt backing is for the second quilt. And the colors of the first quilt shout happiness and joy. Mailing my blocks tomorrow.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Boy, are these two SEW very different from one another! It will be a case of something for everyone on delivery day.

01 09 10