Sunday, November 18, 2018

Oh Scrap! : The Battle is Real

I am really making a concerted effort to work down my scraps so that I can at least close all of the bins.  I realized this weekend that all of my design walls are filled with scrappy goodness.



All of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks are up on the design walls in my studio behind my longarm.  I will continue to work on them into 2019.  I think I need 12 more blocks for the quarter log, 13 blocks for the zig zag and who knows how many for the center garden quilt.


I love seeing all that color as I enter my studio every morning!




The postage stamp quilt is slowly growing in my sewing room.  Green is just starting to make an appearance.  The next block will be tricky because I have to blend green, yellow, peach and purple.  But I only have 6 more blocks to go!



And the slab blocks are over on the other wall.  I have decided to create a zig zag design.  I am just switching over to some orange scraps now.  If you look closely, I am creating some low volume scrappy strips to create a space between the slabs.  I am not firm yet on the color placement.  I will decide that on a later date!

What are you doing with your scraps?

*********************************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 








Linking Up:






The holiday season always brings some great opportunities to save some money.  I saw a few in my in-box from my affiliates that I wanted to bring to your attention.


Fat Quarter Shop Jolly Box

First, the 2018 Limited Edition Jolly Box is on sale at the Fat Quarter Shop.  Many of the items contained in the box are exclusive to FQS.  
You can have a holiday gift sent to a friend or even yourself!

They are shipping out now and once they are gone, they are gone!


24 comments:

Chantal said...

Your design walls make a lovely, colorful picture. Very inspiring too. All your projects are awesome. The postage stamp quilt is amazing. The blending of the colors is so perfect. Good luck with the next block. Great idea to put the slab blocks in a rail fence layout. You might have started a new trend on what to do with slab blocks. Enjoy! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You do have a lot of scrappy goodness going on there! So many great ideas to try! I am also in awe of your design walls. Mine doesn't work very well as is. I am really wanting to rearrange my room so that I can make one that is attached to the wall. That would be a good 2019 project, wouldn't it?! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Ellie said...

Thanks for the tour of your design walls! Such yummy goodness! I like your idea for the slab blocks. That’s going to make a striking quilt.

Kate said...

Your design walls are so inspiring! You come up with some greats blocks and settings to use up those scraps. Happy stitching this week. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Jayne said...

I would love to wake up and see a wall of color like that every morning too! You have so many beautiful WIPS, but my favorite at this time is that postage stamp quilt! It's gorgeous! The way you are 'blending' the colors is perfection and I for one cannot wait to see how you work in the green to purples!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to really concentrate on scraps this coming year and try to get rid of more and more of them. I like that quilt that you have on your wall that is kind of like a rail fence - I think I have that die I need to look and see what I have and start cutting

Barb Neiwert said...

Oh, such pretty walls! It would be difficult to decide which project to work on next! Speaking of next, I want to see what your work space looks like when you are picking and choosing pieces of fabrics for those blocks! Hopefully it will look like mine when I work with scraps, lol.

LA Paylor said...

I've never seen so much scrappy goodness on one wall! How exciting it all is!!! I looked at my scrap bins yesterday and considered whether to get bigger bins but decided I need to use the fabrics somehow instead!
LeeAnna

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What great projects you have going on there!! Such a beautiful room!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely progress!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I wanna come live at your house!! All the colorful goodness must brighten every day. The walls of your studio and sewing room make me want to make EVERY quilt you have in the works!

Janice Holton said...

I am with you on that one! My design walls are my favorite thing about my quilt room. Always keeps it colorful in there! Where did you get a black one??

Jo said...

You have a lot of great ideas progressing on your wall. Well done.

Karrin Hurd said...

I’ve been in the process of cutting up my scraps but they keep growing by leaps and bounds.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very exciting work. Think I am losing the battle with my scraps and projects, feeling overwhelmed.

Angie in SoCal said...

Can't decide which I like best of all your lovely, colorful works.

piecefulwendy said...

Can I just come and sit in your quilt room and look at your design wall? It's so pretty with all those colorful blocks dancing all over it!

Karen's Korner said...

Where to look....such pretties in all directions.

Dorothy said...

Janice Holton, the black design wall is most likely a piece of black flannel or black batting "thumb tacked" to the actual design wall. My design wall, is actually a "flannel" backed "plastic" picnic table cloth tacked to the sewing room wall. You use what you have :-)

Katie said...

All of the above comments and more. You have such a wonderful creative mind. One of the reasons I follow your blog is to see what you will think up next. I would like to attempt the postage stamp quilt but I don't believe it will have the visual impact yours will.Happy quilting.

Louise said...

I love watching your Postage Stamp quilt grow! All that blendy goodness...yum!

Lisa J. said...

All these projects are so beautiful, but I really love your postage stamp. Good luck using up your scraps.

Mary Huey said...

Look at all those projects -- love the way the postage stamp piece is organized!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a lot of wonderful colour and design on your walls!!! You must have a heck of a large design wall looking ast the first photo. The postage stamp is tremendous and it will be interesting to see the blend you mention.

01 09 10