Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Paint - Done!


Recently I posted that I was going to do something about the condition of my sewing room.  Remember this mess?

Even with only a few hours a day to work on it, I am glad to say I finally have the walls painted and the room somewhat cleaned out.

I painted the walls two shades of lavender and trimmed with a bright white.  I find the color very calming and I now smile when I enter the room.

Check it out - there is finally room on my cutting table for my mat!  No more cutting fabric in the livingroom....



And there is actually space around my sewing machine.  If it wasn't a project up on a design wall, it was boxed up or moved out of the room.

No more clutter on the table....




Started projects are now stored in plastic tubs and waiting to be worked on.  

Once I get some time, I hope to paint this shelf - Maybe if the sun ever comes out....


I did "hide" a few projects in a convenient cupboard under the stairs.....but I am hopeful that I will pull them out soon as I finish some of the works in progress.

As you can see, I spent some time last night working on the quilt on this design wall...Fingers crossed - it will be a finish soon.







And the christmas quilt is filling up the other design wall quite nicely.






My sewing room is such a wonderful place to work, I actually got quite a few more blocks completed on this quilt as well.







Now that the room is painted, I can start making some other improvements.  The first item on the list is to recover the ironing board - so stay tuned to see pictures of that process.  There are also some other fun projects I want to share with you - you might even want to incorporate them in your own sewing room or studio....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks great! nice work!!
Raye

Stella Nemeth said...

It must feel wonderful to have gotten your space fixed up.

Krista Schneider said...

You're space looks awesome! Wanna come do mine next?

Sue C said...

Great update to your sewing space and I love the wall colour. Do you do you FMQ on your Bernina? I have the same machine but only use it for piecing - never tried quilting with it.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is indeed nice to be able to get in there and sew. But I still have lots of fun organizing projects I will be finishing. Hope you stay tuned...

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thanks...If you wait on me, it will never get done. I'm surprised I got mine painted!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thanks Sue. I love my Bernina' s but I no longer use them for quilting. I have a big long-arm now. He's in my quilting studio.(his name is Pete....do you name your machines?)

Live a Colorful Life said...

I just LOVE seeing sewing room makeovers!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hope you check back to see what else is in store for the room!

jjthor said...

Your room looks so nice! I tried the tub thing as well until I got too many of them!! now I have to take a year and do all the tub ufos!!What pattern is that yo are using for the x-mas blocks? I love the colors you have been using looks real nice.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thanks! I am not sold on the tub idea either...in fact, I just bought a surplus locker to put in there for storage. The pattern you are seeing is Ballerina by Jaybird quilts. It goes together quite nicely.

Anonymous said...

The paint color looks wonderful and congratulations on un-earthing your cutting table! I just found mine last night!

01 09 10