Thursday, November 6, 2014

Some LOL to lift the Spirits!

I have been in such a sewing funk lately!  I go into my sewing room and have zero ambition to work on any of the projects waiting for me.  So when I found out I won a gift certificate at FabricsNQuilts for participating in the 4th Annual Scrap Quilt Challenge, I decided to buy some fun charm packs and make another Charm Pack Cherry quilt.

I chose the bright colors and fun prints of the LOL line by Me & My Sister Designs.  A simple quilt pattern in playful prints would hopefully motivate me to get my creative groove back.
 
 


Once I found some time to sew, in no time at all I had the quilt finished!  





The LOL collection worked really well with the pattern.  I did kick out the stripes and a few of the pieces with a white background.



 But they worked perfectly on the back where I needed a bit more fabric because the backing I was hoping to use just wasn't quite big enough.
 


 
If you remember, I made this pattern once before with the Twenty Three line and some Kona Ash.  However, I messed up the pattern and sewed a few blocks together incorrectly. It is hard to say which layout I like best!

The Charm Pack Cherry Quilt is free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop. This quilt was the perfect project to help me find my sewing mojo!


If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!


Linking up:
My Quilt Infatuation
Confessions of a Fabric Addict

14 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

glad you found some quilting fun! I like the random pattern of your "mistake" quilt too! Both are very snuggly! :)

valentinegirl said...

Looks great!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the Charm Pack Cherry quilts! Your new one is so sweet with the fabric you used. I sure enjoyed making one last spring. That is definitely one i would make again.

Jasmine said...

I love working with new fabric. It turned out great! Hopefully it will be motivating for you.

Lorna McMahon said...

Both quilts are very pretty, Cynthia! Hope this project has brought you out of your funk!

Sharon said...

what a cute quilt! I like both versions, especially the gray solid with the 23 squares. Sometimes just making something really simple that turns out great is all you need to get excited again

Ruth said...

Am a big fan of the CPC pattern and even bigger fan of Me and My Sister so this is totally my kind of quilt - both look great!

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

great job...I love both versions. I have seen the video but haven't tried the pattern. Thanks for the inspiration.

Barb Neiwert said...

Did it do the trick? All those bright fun colors surely helped you get out of that funk. I like it!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary b here
This turned out wonderful. I love both of them

Dona said...

Really nice! Looks fun. I will have to check out the pattern. Thanks.

jeifner said...

Glad it got your sewjo working again :)

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Very cool, both of them! I recently made Cherry Charm Pack as well, such a great pattern.

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Honestly, I'm starting a Charm Pack Cherry quilt tonight after I'm done blog surfing! I keep seeing everyone's lovely finishes of them (including yours) and can no longer resist! :)

01 09 10