Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Mid Week Progress

I knew that once I started playing with fabric, my sewing mojo would return!


Yesterday afternoon, I spent quite a few hours in my sewing room with the music loud and all other thoughts shut down.  Before I knew it, it was time to start heading to bed.  It was wonderful!




I finished cutting out the navy squares I needed for my springtime quilt.  Can you guess what it is?  My inner little girl is totally in charge with this one!








I also did quite a bit of work on this colorwash crumb quilt.  The blue sections are just about finished.  Right now, it will end up only being about 45" wide.  I would like it to be a few inches wider so I think I will add a bit more to the right side before I start working down into the purple sections.





















As I was sewing little chunks of fabric together, I leisurely cut and sewed three more blocks to go in my Splendid Sampler quilt.  Only seven more blocks to go and I can start laying them out.









In between these projects, I also spent some time tidying up my sewing room.  I can finally find my ironing board, my cutting table and the wood surface on most of the tables in there.  All in all, it was a productive afternoon!

Hope your week has been a good one so far too!



16 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Love days like that! Wish there were more of them.

Kat said...

I am still in love with that color wash quilt! It's too good. Are you making a butterfly with your pinks?

Cathy said...

Hey, are you doing the United States? What fun you're having playing with scraps!! Everything looks awesome!!

Cathy said...

I know a butterfly when I see one!!

Color wash crumbs - great idea.

em's scrapbag said...

Happy day! Glad you found your mojo

Jen said...

It sure sounds like you had a great day and that you have your mojo back! That is great!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Wonderful, you had a great day. Love the colours in your springtime quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh yay!! Glad it is back!! and LOVE all the colors up on your wall!!

kupton52 said...

I love "those" kinds of days! They are far too rare for me, though. I like how the quilt is shaping up....I see the beginnings of a butterfly, or a bunny rabbit, or a big pink bow! I'm curious....keep us posted! Blessings...glad you had a really good day.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I wish I had days like that. I need to find time to take a few vacation days so I can sew all day long.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! That DOES sound like a busy day!!

Jayne said...

Yay to getting back your mojo! I love where you are going with the first one! A little bit sassyness from you is good! That color wash quilt is so cool! You really have a knack for this kind of quilting!

Jasmine said...

Starting something exciting can definitely lead to more productivity. :) I love the looks of your projects.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love seeing sll the space you have for your design wall! Looks so useful! Although better than nothing, mine is small and doesn't work very well. (Boohoo! 😰)

Kate said...

Lots of fun stuff going on in your sewing room. And you even cleaned? That is a really good day!

Barb Neiwert said...

Yeah! You found your sewing mojo. Did you figure out where it was hiding? I, of course, love your new colorwash quilt. SO pretty to see all those shades thrown together to come creating a warm feeling. And your design wall does kinda look like a map of the United States, lol.

01 09 10