Friday, January 10, 2020

Pillow Talk

I have been busy preparing for an upcoming Improv Class in March.  I always like to share lots of ways to use a technique so I have been making a few more class samples.



I thought I would make a fun 16" pillow.  This is a great option to learn the technique but now commit to a whole quilt.



This class will also be provided with a pattern sheet for my Improv Garden quilt (that you partially see in the background).  I also hope to finish a Night Sky wall hanging soon.  It is just waiting for me to find time to quilt it!



And if anyone is interested, I usually finish my pillows with a simple envelope back.  They are easy to make and easy to swap out so you can change your pillow tops often.

I really enjoyed making this pillow.  It feels good to stretch my mind around a new technique and step out of simple piecing sometimes.

Happy Friday!




Linking Up:


10 comments:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Lovely. It's reminding me that I started a very similar small piece as a sample for the QAYG presentation I did for my guild a couple of years ago. I should get to back and make it into a pillow. Thanks for the inspiration and reminder.

Libby in TN said...

Making a pillow is a great way to learn a technique. I'll have to remember that!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your pillow is perfect with the quilt you made using that technique! I would sure enjoy taking that class - I must need to move to Oregon! :)

KatieQ said...

I love the way the green background in the Improv Garden quilt pulls all of the bright colors together without taming them too much.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your new pillow!! That will be a great option for your students.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Neat pillow and technique for strips.

Jayne said...

I love your pillow! What a fun technique and a beautiful finish!!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Looks great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is such a great pillow - and next to its friend ( the quilt) it looks even more awesome!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the colours in the pillow, the size really shows off the colour and the five sided shape.

01 09 10