Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Scrap-A-Palooza! Quilt # 22 Part One

 I was recently reminded of a fun scrappy quilt I have made a few times in the past that is great for those silly novelty prints.  I thought it would be a great Scrap-A-Palooza quilt so I immediately went to my fabric room for some inspiration.





Here is one of the adorable blocks on a client's quilt that inspired me.  So stinking cute!




After digging around in my scraps and stash, I decided to use this really old print I bought to make an apron out of at one time.  It is time this fabric found a home!




 So the first thing I did was to fussy cut out the various veggies.  The size and shape doesn't matter, but it is important to remember there is a quarter inch seam allowance around the outer edge - so I needed to cut accordingly!

I will be back with ideas for the next step soon.  Right now I am busy pulling out scraps that compliment this fabric.  Then I will get to sewing, taking photos as I go!

Feel free to grab your own novelty print and sew along!






Linking Up:

Sew Fresh Quilts (Bee Social)

12 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

Silly me, I had heard the term "fussy cut" but wasn't sure what it meant, now it is clear! I do that on those novelty print fabrics when I want to use them as appliques.

Angie said...

Oh I love this idea. So great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to make an ADORABLE quilt!!

Jo said...

That is a very fun print

allthingzsewn said...

This is going to bee a cute one. I'll definitely be back tomorrow.

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun use for novelty prints.

Ivani said...

It will be a fun quilt and a great use of scraps.

Kathleen said...

This is gonna be so cute!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

It's a very cute print! Looking forward to seeing where you go next.

newsurfiegirl said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt. It looks like it will be a lot of fun! Love the fabric choice.

Kate said...

What a fun idea!

Rachel said...

Very pretty - both your client's block and those adorable veggies! Looking forward to seeing it grow!

01 09 10