Tuesday, June 20, 2017

More Sewcial Bee Sampler Blocks

As I watch others working on their 4" - 6" quilt along blocks - I am so glad I chose the nice big 12.5" blocks in the Sewcial Bee Sampler (hosted by Maureen Cracknell and Sharon Holland).

I am always tempted to start something smaller but I really do enjoy a slightly larger scale!




There are 25 blocks in the series and this one is block #19.  It was a lot of HSTs but when it was finished, it quickly became one of my favorite blocks.



I also finished block #20.  It was a hard one to capture the real colors in this one.  When I go to set the blocks, I may change the outer frame to something darker so I don't lose it in the sashing.



Here is another photo to show that the darks in the chain block are actually two different fabric. 
Only five more weeks and I get to start sewing this one together!


I have also been playing with my #junequiltqal and making some final decisions on my background fabric and cornerstones.  I hope to share my plans soon!






Linking Up:

8 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

I agree with you. I would rather do the large ones. They make a nice size quilt quicker! I am tempted too some times to do the smaller ones then wonder what in the world I was thinking! I just couldn't do that one this time because of other quilting commitments. I am still trying to finish one quilt a week!

Marianne said...

I like the larger ones too. That said, I am doing 6-inch Moda blockheads and sort of enjoying them. Haha! Sharon and Maureen did a great job with the SBS.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I'm with you for the time being. My quilting time is limited, so I tend to do medium- to large-sized blocks so I can get my quilts finished more quickly. Your blocks look very nice. --Andrea

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blocks are looking good! I especially like the friendship star block. I'm one of those goofy people who are trying the 4" Temecula blocks, and they are hilarious, but fun to play around with. They will definitely never make anything very useful! Lol!

Jo said...

Yes, the 12" blocks do make a quicker quilt... They will look good together..

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely big blocks, and great colour combos! I've seen some interesting versions of these 'sewcial bee' blocks, #mixanddon'tmatch! And I love the idea of the #junequiltqal, am tossing up about joining in too!

JanineMarie said...

I love how your block 19 looks. It really plays with my eyes--so many different designs in one block! I'm really enjoying what everyone is doing with this social. Makes me wish I had joined.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I like your blocks - and colorway

01 09 10