Sunday, January 19, 2020

Oh Scrap! : My New RSC Block

For some reason, I had a really hard time selecting my third Rainbow Scrap Challenge block for 2020.  I had a number of ideas but as I made test blocks, they just didn't seem like a block I wanted to do over 10 months.


But then I made this block and it ticked all the boxes for me.
It is a 12" block so 30 blocks will make a nice size donation quilt.


 

I quickly finished up the three green blocks I need for January.
I think these are going to make a great rainbow quilt - I can't wait to see them in more colors!



Another scrappy project that arrived on my doorstep yesterday was over 200 Covered In Love blocks.  I wish I would have taken a photo of the giant stack but I was too inspired to get them sorted into seven quilt tops so I could sew them up quickly.  I already have one top finished and ready for quilting!  I will share the quilts as they are completed.


And finally, a note for Judy Sturm - I would love to answer your questions in your wonderful comments, but I have no way to contact you.  You have your profile set up as a no-reply.

In fact, any of you who do not receive replies from the comments you leave on blogs might want to check out how to change your profile.  You can google how to check but I think you can just go to "edit User Profile" and make sure you check the box to show your email address.  


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter






Linking Up:


18 comments:

Turid said...

What lovely green blocks. I have made really scrappy blocks, using up the smallest fibers of green.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your new RSC blocks! They'll sew up quickly and make a great design. Looking forward to seeing those CiL quilts, too - it looks like you'll be able to lay them out in lots of creative ways. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Julierose said...

Your block choice is a lovely one...hugs, Julierose

Ellie said...

Love your new RSC block. That will make a very nice quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I may need to "downgrade" my Stashbuster Challenge blocks to the ones you've chosen for the RSC!! The block you chose seems a bit less complicated. If I mess up my next attempt... I'm definitely switching!
Have fun with those blocks for Covered in Love, Cynthia! (I enjoyed making my contributions.) Thanks for being a "Quilting Angel" for Kat. I'm sure she SEW appreciates your assistance!

Cheryl said...

Great block and perfect for a charity project.

Jayne said...

Yep! Thats the perfect block! It's so important to find the right block when doing a challenge that goes throughout the year! It'll be a beautiful rainbow quilt...that I have no doubt about!

Bernie Kringel said...

How nice of you to help with CIL - such a great. program.
The scrappy green blocks are a good choice for your RSC project.
Hope all is well Cyndy!

Cheryll said...

Well you decided on a great block I think.
It will make a wonderful colourful quilt.

Nann said...

Is that the Barn Dance block that I read about on the Stashbusters group this weekend? It looks as though it lends itself to many settings. http://www.bordercreekstation.com/the-stash-buster-challenge-2020.htm

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love your green blocks. Is it your design or is it found somewhere else as a whole quilt. I think it would be a grand block to make in scrap colors.

MissPat said...

I sent blocks for this CIL drive. Did you get them all or only some?
Glad you found a third RSC block you're happy with. I'm not starting until I get home from FL at the end of March. I admire how you get all your RSC projects done right away.
Pat

grammajudyb said...

I like your block of choice for RSC20. I really need to decide on one also.
Ps...love seeing my CiL donation blocks in your stacks! Will watch to see how they play with others!!

Louise said...

That will be a super versatile block! And eat up lots of scraps, too. I'm so glad to hear you'll be putting together those CiL blocks! :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice block and nice size too. Your Covered in Love quilts made using these blocks will be so very colourful and definitely loved!

Linda said...

As usual I love every block you make! What a great project (CIL) for those blocks.

Susan said...

I haven't done RSC for a few years, but may jump in cause the scrap bag is too full! But I'm like you, trying to find a block I want to make multiples of.

Marsha Cooper said...

I didn't find you in time to link up this week, but I think you put your linky up on Saturdays?

01 09 10