Last Sunday, I made the decision to start finishing up my RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) quilt tops for 2016. And now this Sunday, I am ready to share the completed quilt tops!
Here is the first one. Each block measures 14" so the quilt finishes at 42 x 56". I was not real happy with the blocks I chose for the year. My desire was to come up with a block that used up the many 2.5" squares I always have cut. I have since seen so many better designs...but I still stuck with them!
Here is quilt top #2. I like to donate my RSC quilts each year to a local kid's organization. The timing is usually perfect for the 100 Quilts for Kid's drive that happens each fall. This year will be no exception. I have already pulled backings from my stash and hope to get these quilted up soon!
Here they are together. Now I can start thinking about what next year's block will look like!
Before we get to this week's link up, I want to remind everyone that the Quilty Orphan Adoption is still going on. There is still a bit more time to link up if you have projects you would like to clean out of your sewing space or even check out what others are putting up for adoption. Maybe there is a project you would like to adopt!
And if you don't want to mess with linking up some orphans you would like to get rid of, you can always contact Kat & Cat Quilts for her Covered in Love Quilts or I was told that the MITO Quilts of Hope are having a sew day really soon and would love to turn your unfinished blocks into something special.
Now, let's see what you scrappy goodness you have been working on!
Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
Freemotion by the River (Linky Tuesday)
Young Texan Mama (Sew Cute Tuesday)
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, at no additional cost to you, I may make a commission. Thanks so much!