Friday, June 23, 2017

More CiL Love

I am still working away on all of the blocks for Covered in Love that have been sent in. 
So much generosity!



For quilt # 6, I grouped the colors in a plus layout, with red as the focus in the center.  I still have not had to repeat any designs!


For the quilting, I did some big easy loops.  On the back, I used some dotted leftover backing fabric from previous quilts and added a strip of floral for a fun detail.




 And I just finished piecing up quilt top #7.  It shouldn't surprise anyone that I used some blocks to create a colorwash effect.  I hope to get this one quilted up this weekend.  The backing will be a series of horizontal strips of leftover fabrics also going from light to dark.

I think this one is my favorite so far!

There are two more quilts up on my design wall just waiting to be sewn up for a total of NINE quilts made from these blocks.  

Thanks you, Thank you, Thank you!




10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your rainbow of colors

Kat said...

I love that color wash! Beautiful work!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Cynthia, This is really a lovely quilt - I agree with you, it is my favorite too. Not only is the generosity amazing but so is how well they look together. ~smile~

Pamela Arbour said...

You are getting some great blocks and making some great quilts. Thank you for your willingness to take on this big project for those in need.

Mary Marcotte said...

Beautiful quilts for a wonderful cause. Love those rainbow colors!

Marianne said...

An impressive amount of quilts getting made! So very nice!

Jo said...

This is so effective. Lovely and bright.

sewyouquilt2 said...

great quilts for a great cause. so so fun.

Slice of Pi said...

I'm enjoying seeing these quilts come together! This one is really great (but so are the rest!). Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Jasmine said...

I love the colorwash effect. It is my favorite.

01 09 10