Sunday, August 20, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Wanna Trade?


So far, this weekend has been quite productive....




I sashed my Sewcial Bee Sampler blocks and pieced a backing so it is all ready to quilt.




I also finished the quilt top for my Improv Stripes quilt.  For the backing, I dug through some older stash fabrics and found a red/black stripe that I could use with some black fabric.

I hope to get them on the frame soon!


So with these big projects completed, I was able to do a bit of organizing.  And I discovered I have WAYYYY too many novelty prints chunks/scraps and I am hoping someone out there would like to trade...




Here is what I have.  The upper left are larger cuts - some are maybe fat quarters.  To the right are large chunks and WOF wide strips.  In the lower left are strings and small pieces.



Here they all are in a padded flat rate envelope. It is stuffed full and weighs just under 2 lbs.

I am looking for someone who wants to trade some scraps.  Here is what I am looking for...

I need bright, happy yellows and pinks.  For the pinks, I need just about any shade from pastels to dark magentas.  All of my yellows are dark gold so I am really looking for sunny yellow.  I don't really use a lot of tiny scraps or triangles so if you have an abundance of yellow and pink chunks and would rather have these fabrics, let's talk.

If you are interested, let me know in the comments.  Thanks
(I will start contacting people Tuesday if I have any takers...)

Please note:  All of the fabrics above are good quality and come from a non-smoking environment.  I ask that I get the same in return.  And, sorry, you need to be in the US.


***********************************************


Now it is time for you to share your scrap projects.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!









    Did you see that this weekend is Craftsy's Makers' sale.  It is a great time to pick up some of their Boundless solids.  Remember this courthouse steps quilt I made with them.  They are really nice!



    13 comments:

    Jayne said...

    I cannot tell you how much I envy and admire your determination! You are a work horse when it comes to quilts! Good luck with the novelty fabric trading. I'm sure someone will take you up on your offer!

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I loved the peek at your two WiPs! I wish I had what you're looking for, especially since you've shared scraps with me, more than once! Someone out there will have it!

    Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

    Good luck on your scrap exchange. I have bagged up all my scraps and are offering them for sale to friends this week. I have at least 20 bags to sell, along with more fabrics folded partial yardage and yardage on bolts. I just hope I can sell off some of my overly huge stash!

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    I'm lacking in variety where novelty fabrics are concerned. I may be able to scare up some bright yellows and pinks for you. Off to have a look!

    J Barham said...

    I looked to see what fabric I have here. Here's what I found...an old light yellow and brown plaid quilt that I want to throw away. There's plenty of yellow fabric on the front and back. It is 68" width by 63" long. The backing is 46" by 56 1/2" long. I had stopped finishing by the fact that I used up all the two colors of Yellow and brown plaid and couldn't figure out what to do to finish it. I also have a light yellow fabric that is 20" x 37".Next up is yellow/gold/white and blue printed piece that is 20" wude by 25" long. I also have a light pink with brown mottled specks in it, a small piece of a medium print with dark and white butterflies. a smaller piece of dark pink squares on a light tan background, A bright dark solid pink, might be a fat quarter. And, a white and dark pink flowers and leaves, probably about 5 yards. Let me know if you want me to send these to you. I am in my late 60'a and it's time to send some of my stash to somebody else. Thanks. Joyce

    Sandy Panagos said...

    I have some brights and pinks I could send. I don't need to trade, though, I would be happy to just send you some. How large do they need to be? Let me know if you would like some!

    Turid said...

    I would be happy to send you some sunny yellows if you like. Just tell me how large scraps you need. You deserve it because you give us such great time every Sunday with your linky party.

    Chantal said...

    You do so many quilts for charity that I feel I should do my share too. I can send you some bright yellows, yellow with gray and yellow with orange. Since I'm not much of a "pink" girl, not sure I have what you need but I'll look. ;^)

    Holly in Indiana said...

    I have lots of pinks. I can spare some. I am working on a quilt of valor mystery now and scrounging for yellows. I will be glad to share.

    CathyQuilts said...

    I love that dragon fly fabric!

    julieQ said...

    Please send me your address!

    Tami Von Zalez said...

    I have a bunch of sunflower print fabric - would that work for your trade?
    I have also linked up - thank you for hosting!
    tvonzalez @ gmail dot com

    Kate said...

    You've been buzzing through some of those scraps quilts lately. Hope you found a good trading partner for your scraps.

    01 09 10