Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Something New and Easy

One of the tasks I have been working on during my sheltering is to try and clean out some of my odd stash and larger scraps.  I use these fabric cuts as "seeds" for making quilts.



Last night I came across some long strips I shoved in a box after trimming a previous quilt.  These were what was trimmed from the backing.  I decided to cut them into a uniform 5" wide.



I then pulled some chunks of solids and cut them into half hexagons using my Hex n More ruler.  I cut these at 4.5" wide.

That is a s far as I got last night.  I am hoping today I will find some time to turn these bits into a cute baby quilt.  But the weather is supposed to be beautiful so I might just spend the day digging in the dirt and enjoying the sunshine.

I am still working on my selvage project and I am also trying to make some masks for family.  I find myself not focusing on anything for long and I am okay with that. 

Stay home and stay well my friends!





10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, that looks like fun, Cynthia!! I'll be looking forward to seeing how that print fits into the quilt equation.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your pretty, bright solids are really happy, and I love the inspiration print! Looks like that will be a fun one to work on! Hope your garden is happy, too. Things are greening up here - and it is a hopeful sight!

Barb N said...

Delightful! Just took a nap. In the lounge chair. In the backyard. Heavenly! Diversions are okay!

Joni said...

Hey Cynthia! Those scraps look divine. You have such a way with putting projects together. Yes, it is beautiful weather. I find myself flitting from one thing to another and not fully into any of it. Cutting out a new "Spin" quilt for a cousin, he thinks it looks like a boat propeller. Didn't know you were a nautical designer! Take care, be well and be happy.

Cheryll said...

Love the colours you have chosen...xox

Jayne said...

This looks very promising!! Can't wait to see where you take it next!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love that print and the solids you pulled. Looks promising. Have fun playing in the dirt. I've been pulling a few weeds to get outside but this weekend we expect another April snow. Good excuse to quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

A gorgeous mix of fabric here, those solids are something else!!

Florida Farm Girl said...

OMG, what is that gorgeous print fabric?! Can't read the selvage clearly enough in the picture. At least you're making progress on something, unlike some of us. Happy Easter and stay safe.

dq said...

They will be adorable for baby quilts! The "seed" fabric is gorgeous!

01 09 10