Sunday, April 12, 2020

Oh Scrap! : Blue

Between garden cleanup and mask preparation, I didn't get a lot of scraps sewn this week.  



But I did cut and sew some blue scraps for one of my RSC quilts.  
These three blocks bring my total up to 15 so I am now at the halfway point.  I must have started this project last year for me to have so many.  But I have 5 colors completed!

What I really should be working on is finishing old UFOs.  I haven't touched a single one since I have been sheltered at home.

What type of projects are you sewing?

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

10 comments:

Julie in GA said...

I'm loving the gradation of colors in your blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The nice thing about the RSC projects is that you can make a few blocks at a time, and feel like you at least did something. I have two quilt tops ready to be basted and quilted, but I just keep putting that job off, and stitching more blocks together instead! :) Have a great day, Cyndy!

Jayne said...

It's taken me longer than usual to start just about any project these days. Lack of focus, mask making and yard work. That's all about to change...and I'm sure it will for you too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your ahead of me I haven't started my RSC20 blocks for this month - need to get that done!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your BLUE blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I made a couple of masks and plan to make more. I also completed two quilts for Sarah's Hands2Help program. One of those was a UFO!!

Linda said...

Loving the blue blocks, as I love every single block you make! I still haven't started on my blues for April, maybe today . . .
Happy Easter!

gayle said...

I love those blue blocks! (And technically, they're part of a UFO...)
Stay safe!

Susan said...

Your blues for RSC are looking good - I'd better jump on it and get mine done

dq said...

You know, we sew for lots of reasons. If you feel like finishing a UFO, you finish a UFO. If you feel like making a few RSC blocks in blue, that's what you do. It is all about fulfillment in whatever way you feel in the moment.

Susie H said...

The blue RSC blocks look fabulous. I also skipped ahead to your post today (17th). Love the baby quilt! So colorful.

01 09 10