Sunday, June 28, 2020

Oh Scrap! : More Log Cabin Blocks

Even though this month is supposed to be all about pink scraps, I decided to get out my blue scrap bins and make a few more log cabin blocks.



I pulled some navy, teal and medium blue shades for my next three circles.



I am trying to focus on using a lot of my print fabrics so each block has a lot of interest.




Here are all the blocks I have finished so far.  The purple circles is 22" wide, the blue ones will finish at 15" I think and the pink ones will make 11" circles.  Now I need to empty one of my design walls so I can lay these out and start making a bunch of filler blocks.  The rest of the blocks are all small in size so the cutting is going to take a LONG time.  But I am using a number of the small strings filling up my scrap bins so I am pleased to start seeing those get used.

Time for you so share your scrappy projects!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


15 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love that circular log cabin block! Yours are looking great, Cynthia!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the log cabin in those shapes - so different than your ordinary square log cabin pattern

Cathy said...

I find it so interesting that rectangles can get together and look like curves.

gayle said...

Yeah, what Cathy said!
I've been fascinated with this block for a long time - yours are especially appealing! I'm looking forward to your finish on this one!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such great blocks! I enjoy seeing how you're using all those different prints together and they work. Having different sizes of the blocks will make for a really interesting quilt design! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Vicki in MN said...

You do know you are making me drool again don't you!! One of these days I will make these-notice I didn't say which year, LOL.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing those blocks up on your design wall, Cynthia!

cityquilter grace said...

i really like those....thanks for the inspiration!

Jayne said...

I really need to make these one day! Do you have a go to pattern? I love the pretty little pink ones...but they are all beautiful and will be a gorgeous quilt in the end!

Chantal said...

Like most of the commentators, I'm looking forward to see it on your design wall as I have no idea what you will do next. I love anticipation! ;^)

Rebecca Grace said...

Those RSC log cabins are looking great. It's a wonderful block for using up little strips and strings that you couldn't bear to part with!

Bonnie said...

Your log cabin blocks are looking terrific. Do they take a long time to actually sew or is the time spent prepping the strips? Just curious.

KaHolly said...

Your blocks are looking fabulous!

Mystic Quilter said...

Loving these Log Cabin blocks of yours, looking forward to seeing some of them up on the design wall.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Mmmm LOVE those!!! You make the best use of your scraps!

01 09 10