Sunday, July 25, 2021

Oh Scrap! : Little Progress on Scraps



 This week seemed to whiz by again.



I did get all sixty some blocks sewn for this crazy quilt this week.  Now I am working on sewing up the quilt top.  Who knew I had so many scraps in these colors?!




I also made a final decision on my background fabric and pulled my scrap bins for a new project.  I will be participating in Kelly Young's Scrappy Improv Quilting book release tour.




I just received my electronic copy and I have to say I love so many of the mini projects in this book.
I am not going to reveal which project I am making - you will just have to wait to see the finished project!

Now it is time for you to share what scrappy goodness were you up to this week!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

                           Follow Me on Bloglovin'                   Follow Me on Feedly








11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

60 blocks for your green project sounds productive to me! I love that color combination - it's so refreshing. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Jayne said...

Sounds like you had a productive week! Not just the week that flew by...the month...the year...it's gone so fast it makes my head spin!

LA Paylor said...

Laughing at "who knew I had so many scraps in these colors" I have to do something about the blue strips box or it's taking over. That book sounds right up my alley... LeeAnna

Chantal said...

Love the quilt you are working on. The new project looks very promising as I love the colours you pulled. Enjoy! ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That was a lot of blocks to make in a week! Each one in the photo is so wonderful. That color combination is terrific!

Ulrikes Smaating said...

hej cynthia,
what a beautiful quilt you work on! I like the colours...I have so many scraps in my workspace *LOL* The book sounds good...hugs from denmark, Ulrike :0)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your blocks are looking great and oh how fun to dive into the scrap bin. Happy quilting.

Ivani said...

Great progress,your green, gray and black quilt looks lovely.
have a great week, Cynthia.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Very pretty green block...have a great day!

Bonnie said...

Great job on getting all the scrappy projects done. Lucky you to be participating in Kelly's newest book launch. It looks like it will be a winner.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing what you will make from Kelly's new book, Cynthia!!

01 09 10