With lots of fabric pieces left over from the Wild Side quilt I recently finished for 100 Quilts for Kids, I decided rather than put the fabrics in my stash, I would pair them with some black Kona and sew up some 16 patch blocks. I used the same technique I shared in last month's Scrap-A-Palooza post but I cut the strips longer and went with a larger 3.5" square.
With some of the prints, I had enough fabric to make multiple blocks. However, many I only had enough to make a block or two. I came up two squares short so I was forced to use a black and white larger print (I think it might be cowhide?). The print blended in a bunch with the black Kona so the definition on the blocks is a bit lost. I tried to hide them a bit on the edges of the quilt.
The quilt finished up at 48" x 60" - A nice lap size.
For the quilting, I went with the Ebb and Flow pantograph again. It is quick and easy and mimics a tiger stripe.
And speaking of tiger stripe. Look at the batik I found in my stash for the backing. Talk about meant to be! I am always amazed at what I can find when I dig really deep!
This quilt really went together quickly and I think it was a great use of the fabrics.
I am just happy to have another stack of fabrics off the shelf to make room for something new!
If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!
she can quilt (Scraptastic Tuesday)