Sorry to be a bit late getting my post up today. It has been a busy last couple of days and I just can't seem to get caught up!
Today, I wanted to share my next Scrap-A-Palooza quilt. As I was putting away some scraps last week, I discovered my bin of blues was so packed, it would no longer close. Guess we know what the inspiration for my quilt was!
I decided to just make a simple patchwork quilt - all in shades of blue. Over the years, I have made a few of these types of quilts and find that they can get a bit boring. To add interest to the quilt, changing the scale of the blocks, adding some lights in the mix, inserting blocks in complimentary colors (like fun turquoise) or making patterns with HSTs all work to give the eye something to look at. I decided to add a bit of everything this time around and see what I can come up with.
Everything is now cut and ready to go. I have a few 8.5" squares, some 4.5" squares (with a few in lights and turquoise) and some HSTs all trimmed up to 4.5". It is hard to believe that just this bit of fabric will make a quilt 52" x 60". Needless to say, my bin is still full (but at least it closes!).
So what are you are doing with scraps this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
If you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!