Sunday, September 28, 2014

Some Wonderful Fabric Additions

Boy, have I been on a solids buying spree!  It all started with this simple but wonderful fat quarter bundle I won as part of the American Made Brand Blog Tour from artist Terri Stegmiller.


 Any time I get my paws on a new bundle of fabric, design ideas start swirling in my head and with this bundle, I instantly envisioned a pattern using only solids.  At the time, I had too many things on my plate but the idea has continued to fill my mind.



Then I found out I won a solid fat quarter bundle from Marmalade Fabrics for participating at the Purge Along with Rachel over at Stitched in Color (If you don't follow her blog already, you should!).  I chose the bundle with these lovely greens.  And thanks Marmalade for putting a color label on them!




I took that win as an omen that I should move the project up on the list.  So to add to the pile, I did a little late night shopping and picked up some 1 yard cuts of some of the newest Kona colors.  I kind of figured I would stop there.


 But oh no....The Fat Quarter Shop had that 20% off sale.  Look what came in the mail yesterday.
So that is it...I am done for a bit.
Really....





I also want to share this Arizona fat quarter bundle and Aurifil thread I won from Katie over at Good Golly Ginger (another great blog). She also gave me her Sand Drift pattern (very lovely!).  I love this fabric line and cannot wait to make something from it.  But I have to get a few other projects finished before I will allow myself to play with these.

Wasn't I supposed to be purging my fabric stash this year!?!

If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 
Linking up:


12 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, so many new to you, beautiful fabrics! Congratulations on the bundles you won, and I can't wait to see what you make with these.

jeifner said...

Solids are the best :)

charlotte said...

LOVE those solids.

Cathy said...

You have been on quite the winning spree! Love these solids!

Bonnie said...

Wow! You are a real winner. Congratulations on all the beautiful free fabric. I miss the days when I won a lot of things from blogs. I may need to start entering contests a bit more. Looking forward to seeing what you make with your solids.

Lauren Deel said...

I swear: I have never heard of someone winning so many giveaways! You are on a roll! (Love the solids, by the way.) :)

Sharon said...

I love solids! Will love to see what you make, I've never done a solids only quilt

Michele @ Undiscovered Optimist said...

I have a solids only quilt on my list - can't wait to see what you make with yours!

Sandra Walker said...

Knowing you, Cynthia, this is going to be one coolio quilt! Woo hoo on all that free fabric!

Barb N said...

Ah, all those little pretty fabrics! I can see the wheels turning in your brain already. Something good this way comes :)

Jasmine said...

I love new fabric. Your additions look great!

Katie Dold said...

Such wonderful color! Thank you for the plug. :)

01 09 10