Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Fall 2019 Orphan Adoption Event

Because I love to start projects, I always find myself with a long list of UFOs.  And occasionally, I find there are projects that I know I will probably never finish.

Rather than have them take up space on the shelf or dump in the landfill, I find that a great solution is to adopt them out!  That is why I started the Quilty Adoption Event.

Quilting is more fun than Housework



If you would like to get some older projects out of your sewing room, this is a great time to do so.  There are always quilters out there that would love to take them off your hands and actually finish them.  And I can say from experience, it feels great to release the burden and move onto something you really want to work on!

Over the years, I have adopted out about a dozen projects and I have never given them a second thought. (And it felt so good to cross them off my UFO list!)






This Spring, Libby over at Life on the Hill, adopted out some triangle blocks and they were finished into this lovely little quilt.

Here are the details!



**************************************************************

Now it is time for this Fall's Quilty Adoption Event!

Orphan Adoption Event

September 12th through September 14th 2019


1.  I am going to ask that any "orphan" linked up must be given away for free.  (If you are wanting to destash for money, there are other venues to do that on.)  I think it is fair that if you need to, you can ask that shipping costs be paid.  Just be sure and put that information clearly in your post.  And know that both parties enter into the deal at their own risk.  I hold no responsibility.

2. Have clear pictures and descriptions on what you are putting up for adoption.

3. Define the criteria for how you will decide who will adopt the item.  Is it a random number giveaway, do you only want it to go to charity, or is there some other criteria that needs to be met?

4.  Be sure and identify where you are located and where you are willing to ship to.

5. Define how long you are keeping the adoption open and when you expect to award the adoption.

6. Remember to link back to my blog so your readers can see what else is being offered.  Thanks!

The ability to link up your blog, Instagram, Flickr, or Facebook post will be open through the end of the day Saturday September 14th.  You can award your adoption on any date you choose after Sunday the 15th.  Feel free to offer as little or as much as you want.  It can be blocks, books/patterns, kits, printed panels, fabric, quilt tops...anything that you hope someone else will use and you wish to get rid of the burden.


********************

And if you are looking to adopt a project, please read each blog post and be sure you only offer to adopt those orphans you know you can finish The object of this event is to get these things finished, not just stored on another shelf.  Thanks!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Cynthia! This is such a fun idea. I love the whole premise of it. Now I have to go see if I have anything that needs a new home. ~smile~ Roseanne

01 09 10