Thursday, March 21, 2019

Please Adopt Me!

Sometimes when I make projects with big bonus triangles, I save them and have great plans of turning them into a quilt.  Such was the case with this project that now needs a new home.




I made the HSTs from the leftovers from a Layers of Charm quilt made with Amy Ellis' Modern Neutrals fabric collection.  You can see the quilt here.  There are 36 4" HSTs (they will finish at 3.5").  I am including about a third of a yard of the terra cotta solid I used and a large strip from a coordinating fabric that can be used to make more HSTs if desired.  There is also a larger cut of the same print that could probably be pieced into about a 50" square backing.  But of course, this fabric can all be used however you desire.

This orphan has found a loving home!


If you would like to adopt these, please let me know in the comments that you are interested.  
(Note, your comment should be made directly on my blog and not through Bloglovin' - it does not allow me access to your contact information so I have no way of getting ahold of you if you win.)

I will ship anywhere in the US for free.


I will be selecting a winner from those that are interested sometime on Sunday the 24th so be sure to comment before then.  If there is more than one candidate, I will select a winner using a random number generator.  Please make sure I can get ahold of you!  If you are not positive if your email is available, please leave it in your comment.  Thanks!






There are other items being adopted out by quilters so be sure and check them all out.  Also, if you have items you would like to put up for adoption, you have until the 23rd to link up.  Time to clean out those UFOs!










Linking Up:


13 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I actually have some leftovers of these fabrics, and with your fabric, I could make a small quilt. If no one has claimed them, I will. I have to look through my box of orphans and get them listed.

chrisknits said...

Please consider me for the adoption. They would come to a smoke free home, there are lots of other fabrics to play with, and we spread the love around to all the little ones!! I love the quilt you made with the fabrics! And the quilting helps those terra cotta squares shine. I wish I had orphan blocks to share, but mine end up being used up!

Quilting Babcia said...

I'm envisioning a table topper/runner from these blocks and the leftover yardage. Perfect for spring, or a summer table on the covered porch. Thanks for offering up some of your leftovers!

wildyard said...

I would love to adopt your project! I am currently working on making 24 quilts for kids who are in cancer units that our KEYS group is visiting. KEYS is a group of musicians who visit and entertain kids in these units. I would use your project to make a boys quilt as they seem harder to come up with good fabrics for that are not too dark! Yours is perfect for a young fellow.
wildyard@yahoo.com

OhioLori said...

Would love to Adopt these!! Thank you for the chance :) Know they will be used to give Hugs to a special kiddo in our Church.

Kathleen said...

If you will allow it, I'd like to be in drawing, but if i were to win, I'd like to give these to the woman above that is making 24 quilts for kids with cancer........... thanks !!

Beth said...

These look lovely, I collect all odds and ends to make charity for my small guild Quilters Etc. Lompoc, Ca. My goal is to Donald 12 quilts a year. So far I am on track.

Kreative said...

Willing to make into a charity quilt, have given 8 away thus far this year, 8 more with in the next 2 months and another 8 by October/November.

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

I would love to adopt these. Love the colors. They would be fun to play with.

midwestmarykay said...

I would LOVE them! I'm a collector (and user) of all things cast-off. They'd find a good home in a project here soon!

D Ledgerwood said...

Hi and thanks for this offer! In my quilt group (we make quilts for children, single mothers and homeless teens), I’m known as the finisher of lost causes. It’s a fun challenge for me to make something nice looking out of not very much. But, it looks as if everyone who has responded so far is very deserving, too. I’ll be interested to see what comes of this.

Rachel C said...

What a great idea! I am new to quilting and would absolutely use any fabric I can get :)
rach62803(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

How fun. Very creative. Darlene dhoctor@sbcglobal.net

01 09 10