Sunday, June 20, 2021

Oh Scrap! : More Plus Blocks

 This week was a busy one!  So there was not a lot of time available to sew.



But I did get nine more of my Positivity blocks completed.  These blocks used up the last of my gray background fabric so I also spent some time this week digging through my gray scraps so find some other fabrics to use for the last few blocks I need.  I have decided to make some blocks that will stand out much more than the rest and my plan is to scatter them about.  

Maybe next week I will be ready to start laying out my blocks.


If you want to make your own Positivity quilt, you can read more about the event here.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



17 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like your positivity blocks, the aqua on the corners is perfect! Happy stitching!

Julie in GA said...

I love the colors you are using for your Positivity blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those look great, Cyndy! I've made 3 Positivity blocks so far, so a long ways to go, but they are very enjoyable to make. Have a great Sunday!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the positivity blocks, great colors!

gayle said...

Well, I hope your busy week was a good busy and not a "oh what now?!?" kind of busy!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I've been working more hours than I have since the pandemic started. . .I'm out of sync. . .I've notice that work sure cuts into my quilting time!!! Your positively blocks are coming along. I too like the aqua corners more each time I seem them!

Ivani said...

Your positivity blocks look great!

cityquilter grace said...

pretty blocks!

MissPat said...

Oh my gosh, I have not even started my positivity blocks. It doesn't help that I stopped getting email notification of Preeti's posts and other things have co-opted my time. Since I have all summer, I'm going to ignore the over-achievers, like you and work on it when I can.
Pat

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your positivity blocks look fantastic and I really love the aqua triangles at the corners.

Astrid said...

Your Positivity blocks are beautiful! Great idea to change them up a bit. Can't wait to see what you are going to do with the other blocks!

Bonnie said...

Great positive progress! I'm doing half of my blocks in light grey and I've pulled every piece of light grey in my stash. Hopefully it'll be enough. I still really like your turquoise corners.

Dorothy said...

Like the gray BKGs with the qua/turquoise corners

The Joyful Quilter said...

What did you find in the stash for the accent blocks you're planning, Cynthia? Can't wait to see them!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are turning out so great!

Susan said...

Great choice of colors on your plus blocks

Carol Andrews said...

Hope that your busy week is slowing down enough for you to have more time to play with fabric. Your Positivity blocks are beautiful

01 09 10