Sunday, August 22, 2021

Oh Scrap! : Look at me Go

 After being in a heat induced funk for a couple weeks, I have finally found my found my mojo and started sewing again.




I finished three of these scrappy blue and turquoise blocks for one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.  These blocks are made using my Two Bits Scrap Mixology pattern module.  I think these blocks bring the total completed up to 23 - which is about half of what I need for the quilt.



I also finished up two more of these color blocks in turquoise.  I am making mine with 2" strips and trimming them to 12" square.  I think I am only halfway done with these blocks too.




I am getting tired of working on the same RSC blocks for months now so I started something new.  This quilt has been tumbling around my brain for months.  The block is actually made using my Scrap Mixology Chaser pattern module.  I have been wondering what would happen if I added a few flip corners (Note: this is not in the pattern).



.Isn't that fun?!  My plan is to make a rainbow of blocks where the center strip and the flip corners for each block are colors located across the the color wheel.  I am guessing that next month's color will be orange so the blocks for September will have orange centers with blue flip corners.

I love starting something new!

I also finished a big quilt top which will be one of the samples for my next Scrap Mixology pattern and I finished my quilt for Kelly's new book release blog hop happening soon.

I hope everyone has a Scrappy Sunday!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 


Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

16 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing the blocks you're working on! The new ones with flip corners are great with that pinwheel they make. Have a wonderful Sunday, Cyndy!

Cathy said...

Good thing you got that mojo working!

Libby in TN said...

Did you intentionally grade the values in your new mixology blocks. I like the pinwheel accent.

Chantal said...

Wow. Just a little touch of colour at the right place and it changes everything. Love the new blocks. Well done with the other blocks too. ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad that it has been a bit cooler. . .perhaps, the weather change has contributed to helping you get your mojo back? Your blocks are wonderful. I especially like the zip the flip corners add to your new block!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Great blocks...I really like the one with the zip corners..have a great day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to hear that you found your sewjo, Cynthia!!

MissPat said...

That new block is great. Can't wait to see it with other colors. I'm still fighting sewing ennui, but I get to go sew in some AC tomorrow.
Pat

Linda said...

Love your new block idea. Those centre pinwheels are great.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I've discovered as well the heat is not conducive to quilting somehow! Glad you are back to it though. Aqua is such a pretty colour and works well in all these blocks.

Rebecca Grace said...

Love how you're mixing in those deeper tones in your aqua blocks, Cynthia. And yes, the sweltering summer heat is sucking away a lot of my sewjo energy, too. Even with air conditioning, I can't bear to plug in my iron!

Barb N said...

That's a good thing your mojo came out of hiding! I love the design of the flip blocks, especially paired with the black fabrics. A winner! Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh what fun blocks!! glad you are out of your funk. I really like the churn dash ones - too cute!

Mystic Quilter said...

You have a fantastic collection of aqua fabrics in your stash and the last blocks set together with those little bright triangles is gorgeous!! So effective.

Susie H said...

Love that unexpected pinwheel! Pretty block, as usual.

QuiltGranma said...

Such soothing and peaceful colors! Love what you are creating, the gradations of color on your new blocks!

01 09 10